6 days post op and now thrush

momx4
on 11/13/11 10:02 am - TX
thank goodness ya'll had mentioned it cuz at first i couldn't understand why even applesauce was burning my mouth, so today i went back in and yep, its thrush.  So more meds to add to my list and back to lodge to wait and recover to go home.  I see the surgeon on tuesday for JP drain removal.....pain is better, walking is easier.....stomach continues to talk to me and spasm and all that jazz!  this board rocks!!  
Kristi                
beth-28
on 11/13/11 10:59 am
So sorry to hear that! At least you caught it early. I hope I have a (relatively) easy recovery like yours! I hope it continues for you!
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

clancyrose
on 11/13/11 11:19 am - Montgomeryville, PA
Hope all is well soon and you have a happy homecoming...
waterman691
on 11/13/11 1:34 pm - west monroe, LA
 newbie, what is thrush??

Arnold  HW 330  Pre Surg  300
momx4
on 11/13/11 1:47 pm - TX
Thush is a fungal infection of the mouth.  It is caused by having a comprimised immune system (surgery) or heavy antibiotics (again used during surgery).  Nothing serious just a pain in the ass!  It makes your mouth raw and things burn it that shouldn't (like applesauce) and then it looks fuzzy and white!
Kristi                
Larissa P.
on 11/13/11 1:59 pm - Denton, TX
How are you treating the thrush?
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
J G.
on 11/13/11 2:16 pm
Kristi, sorry, babes.  Diflucan worked really fast for me....
Frankie
on 11/13/11 10:37 pm - NY
Hi Kristi, glad to see you up and about.  How are you feeling post-op?  Sorry you got thrush, hope it goes away soon for you.

Get well soon and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Frankie

Ms. Cal Culator
on 11/14/11 1:40 am - Tuvalu

Kristi...I always prepare for the worst nd hope for the best...so I ALWAYS ask for  diflucan prescription with each antibiotic prescription I'm given...AND I have an in-date sube of monistat in the bathroom at all times and I have a little bottle of oral Nysttin in the fridge.

My underlying assumption is that the yeast..candida...fungus...whatever is NOT going to say, "Oh, we already got the mouth, let's stop there."

orangecrushed
on 11/14/11 6:36 am - Triad, NC
Sorry to hear you have thrush!  I'm glad that they diagnosed it while you're still there, though.  Hopefully it'll get cleared up soon!  I'm very happy to hear that you are starting to feel better overall!   You'll be heading home before ya know it!
Most Active