So what's for dinner at your house tonight?

April M.
on 11/13/11 10:25 am - MI

Hubbs is finally embracing the low carb thing, so it's gotten a ton easier and more fun to cook around here. The only problem now is fitting in enough carbs for my 18 mo old daughter

Tonight we had teriyaki marinated, pan fried (for the color) and then baked chicken cutlets, with an amazing teriyaki glaze/pan reduction. Deglazed the pan with low-sodium chicken broth, add in teriyaki glaze, minced garlic and (dried) minced onion, and boil, then simmer, until reduced to the consistency of a thick bbq sauce. 1 Tbsp of sauce only has 6 carbs, and that's more than enough sauce for my 4 oz of chicken at one sitting.

I also wanted (and made) artichokes, but the darn water took forever to boil. End result was that they weren't ready to eat until after dinner was over. So, I ate a couple leaves and packed the rest up for leftovers.

Also made "scallops scampi" and stir-fried some lemon-pepper chicken today. Amazing how much fun it is to cook when just the thought of food doesn't make me feel guilty and ashamed!

~April~                                             5'7" 
       2 Part DS                   BMI: S/C/G    59.3/33.5/24.9   

Part 1: 3/14/11                HW/SW#1/SW#2/CW/GW      
    Part 2: 7/14/11                  
379/366/319/214/

elixir
on 11/13/11 10:59 am - MI
We had Shrimp Charmoula; grilled shrimp marinated in a delicious Moroccan-inspired marinade. My daughter had her fave veggie (Brussels sprouts) on the side. We made two pounds of shrimp so there will be plenty left over for shrimp tacos (on low carb tortillas) for lunch tomorrow.

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

kathie09
on 11/13/11 12:20 pm - not available
Okay....now I need the Shrimp recipe! That sounds delish!!!
kathie09
T H.
on 11/13/11 8:51 pm - Bryantown, MD
Hey Yorkie,

How do you make your cauliflower mash?  I am always looking for new options.

I make mine the old WW way, one of the few things taken from ww.

1 head of cauliflower or half a large bag of frozen - boiled and drained
3 laughing cow FULL FAT swiss cheese wedges
cracked pepper
Molly McButter - as much as you want to taste.

I could eat the whole bowl. LOL

Teri

The only place were success comes before work is in the dictionary

yorkieGal
on 11/13/11 8:51 pm - Clermont, FL
Wow, you guys are good!! we have some terrific cooks on this board and such an inspiration to newbies who can see ultimately, the kind of foods we eat after we're healed, and how great our culinary quality of life is.

I agree with april, my DS reawakened my love for cooking as I no longer feel guilty or ashamed about it. My fav channel is the food network andI can sit and talk to my friend Nick for hours about recipes and food - we don;t shut up!!lol

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

Most Active