What's everyone cooking for dinner??

KarenFlorida
on 11/10/11 10:03 am - Orlando, FL
I'm trying a new recipe, "yogurt marinated chicken," which I made with 1 cup Fage yogurt, 2 cloves chopped garlic, 3T olive oil, 1T rosemary, 1T thyme, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper

Above are mixed, and used to marinate and then bake over boneless chicken breasts. We will see how it is...it's in the oven now (late dinner).

Karen
Join me! weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

yorkieGal
on 11/10/11 11:00 am - Clermont, FL
Ooh sounds lovely Karen, might have to try that! Thanks xx

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

KarenFlorida
on 11/10/11 12:46 pm - Orlando, FL
It was pretty good !

Karen
Mike A.
on 11/11/11 12:29 am - Independence, MO
I cut up some pork steaks and browned them - almost burned them cause I like them that way I drained the grease but left all of the brown, sticky stuff on the bottom of the skillet. Then I added some home made salsa and sliced zuchini and a little bit of water. Then I simmered it until most of the pulp & seeds of the zuchini cooked into the salsa. It's one of my favorite things to cook

Mike
HW 452/SW 428/ CW 188/GW 190

kathie09
on 11/11/11 2:24 am - not available
Yorkie!

Tonight I'm going to Texas Roadhouse for some steak!...yumbola. I was there a few weeks ago, and the 12 oz steak I ordered took me three days to nibble away at. However, it was the first time in my life that I dropped a few pounds on a steak diet

Tomorrow, however, I am grilling chicken. My friend from Brazil taught me about a delicious marinade, and I use it all the time and love it. So simple....just mix 2 cups of mayo, 1/2 cup half and half and about six cloves of minced garlic together. Place tenderized chicken breasts in a casserole dish, cover them in the sauce, and then sprinkle lightly with kosher salt. It is best when you can marinate it for at least 12-24 hours in the refrigerator. Grill it on your outdoor barbie for a super delicious treat. The leftovers are amazing on salads. Yum yum. Hope you are well!!!
kathie09
yorkieGal
on 11/11/11 3:35 am - Clermont, FL
Hey kathie, oh my goodness that sounds so good....
when you say "Tenderized chicken breasts"..you mean whacked with a mallett till flattened or do you use one of those things that punctures the flesh all over? sorry if that is a silly question lol

Yorkie x

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

kathie09
on 11/11/11 2:53 pm - not available
Yorkie

Whack it with a mallett I prefer my bird a little beat up. If you need assistance, I will be there in a flash, mallet and all
kathie09
kathie09
on 11/11/11 2:25 am - not available
I forgot to mention that I rotate the chicken breasts every few hours - so that both sides sit in the sauce. If you don't have time to do that, just add more mayo and let them sleep in the slithery stuff. Yum yum.
kathie09
meredith_123
on 11/11/11 10:07 am - Waterford, MI
yumm, these are some good ideas. 
Tonight was my son's 4th b-day so we made a trip to McDonalds so the kids could play.
I ordered a Big Mac with no bun.  It was really good.  They put it in a plastic container and I hate it with a fork.  Also ate a couple of my son's fries.
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
pktwatch
on 11/11/11 1:10 pm
This evening I had pizza in a bowl. I had the cooked sausage with peppers and onions + some pizza sauce left over from a Broks pizza that was made a few days ago. I put everything along with some cheese in a bowl and microwaved it, Mmmm! 

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)

Most Active