5 days out, and still so overwhelmed

Frankie
on 11/9/11 11:04 pm - NY
Hi HeatherLynn, this is all normal.  I am somewhat a newbie to DS as well.  My first 2 weeks I worried about getting in protein, vitamins etc.  But you know what hydration is the key.  Listen to the vets because they have walked in our shoes.  I am almost 2 months post-op and I feel great. 

You will do fine.

Frankie

Imissthe80s
on 11/10/11 12:20 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Frankie- How long did it take before you started to feel like yourself again post-op?

Frankie
on 11/10/11 2:03 am - NY
Des,  I finally like myself about 3 1/2 week post-op.

Imissthe80s
on 11/10/11 5:04 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Thanks, Frankie.  That sounds fairly manageable.

Frankie
on 11/10/11 5:23 am - NY
I went back to work on 10/31.  What I did was the week prior I made sure that I got up early and stayed busy all day to build up my endurance.

orangecrushed
on 11/10/11 1:14 am - Triad, NC
Hey there!  I love your analogy about trying to drink out of a fire hydrant!  I feel the same way a lot of times.  I've read DSfacts.com now at least four times, and I just keep pounding it into my head... not to mention checking the board and FB page daily, at the very least.

Everyone is right to bring us both back down to earth with the main basics... hydration, motion, and protein when you can.

I know this is probably even more stressful on you, worrying about both you and your husband at the same time.  It's going to be a great journey you two are taking together!!  I look forward to hearing all about it, and you both will be in my prayers!

Take care,
Nic
ChristyTal
on 11/10/11 8:11 am
You will get it, and to be honest, immediately post op there's not alot to do besides walk, sip, nap,and swallow some vits, so it's not all that complicated  :). 

Best wishes...and try not to sweat it!

Christy

sw 333/gw 160/cw 155

Most Active