In my neck of the woods ...

LuckyLibrarian
on 11/8/11 9:57 am - Plumerville, AR
Things are a bit crappy. Torrential rain, tornado watches, and the scale says I've gained 5 lbs! So far, in my 3 months of supervised dieting, I have gained 8 lbs. This ****** me off to the Nth degree. But, on the bright side, my doc smashed around on my legs an proclaimed that I have pitting edema. So, the lasix is supposed to bring the water weight down.

I have been having awful back pain, something I have never experienced before, with no apparent cause. I was prescribed some muscle relaxers. Hopefully I won't be drooling on my students tomorrow.

On the bright side, I went to Wally World and bought a digital scale so that I can see the water (and hopefully fat pounds) melt away.

Will BCBS deny me WLS if I am not successful in the 6 month supervised diet?
Kristen
"Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation." - Walter Cronkite

Diane Davis
on 11/8/11 11:25 am
I wasn't successful with my 6 month diet.  It only goes to prove some of us just don't benefit from dieting!

I wasn't denied, but I didn't have BCBS.
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
beth-28
on 11/8/11 12:43 pm
I ended up gaining 3-4 lbs. during my 6 month diet, and I was approved in less than a week with my insurance. However, it isn't BCBS. I am no expert, nor do I play one on TV, but I think as long as you don't gain an excessive amount you should be ok. I mean, that proves that dieting (that we've been doing for years) doesn't work for us. Good luck!
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

J G.
on 11/8/11 1:57 pm
Will BCBS deny me WLS if I am not successful in the 6 month supervised diet?

Hell no!  You've got edema. These supervised diets are a load of crap.  Makes me mad.

I've been watching your weather.  Stay safe. 

-Jenny
Most Active