So, so COLD....

prettypixels
on 11/5/11 9:51 am
 I am suddenly freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezing cold ALL THE TIME.  My hands are like blocks of ice.  I'm perpetually shivering and trying to turn the heat up and drinking hot things.  What happened?  Is this a metabolic thing?  It is not actually cold in my house, fwiw, it's about 72 degrees in here! 
Banded in 2001 at 217 lbs - Band to DS revision 10/25/11 at 310 lbs
If life with your band sucks, you are not alone and it's not your fault.  Check out the failed lap band group!

scoob
on 11/5/11 9:59 am - Somerset, KY
Perfectly normal sweetie. My best Christmas presant last year was a heated/electric throw. This year, already I've stolen my DH's sweats and thermal underware. I wear gloves, a lot. I didn't own a heavy coat pre op. I was always the "HOT" one. Those days have been gone since a couple weeks post op. Bundle up hon!

BTW, it has been a nice change to be cold rather then sweating all the time.

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

prettypixels
on 11/5/11 10:04 am
 I'm bundling, I'm bundling!  I was never *always* hot before... I think I had juuuust gotten heavy enough where it was starting to make me hot more often than not, but I did have a heavy coat, and a heating paad, and a rice bag (to heat in the microwave), and and and... because I've always gotten cold.  But now it is just really hard to manage!  Today I took a nap under two huge blankets with a hot hot hot rice bag and I was still shivering.  
If life with your band sucks, you are not alone and it's not your fault.  Check out the failed lap band group!

scoob
on 11/5/11 10:31 am - Somerset, KY
Oh,honey, I hear ya. There are days I have on thermals, sweats, 2 pair of socks, and a heated throw just to get my joints to not hurt. BUT the census is that over time it gets better. Just let me tell ya. This summer you will LOVE the sun. I spent most of my water park time laying in the chase lounge chairs sun bathing. It is soooooo different. And a nice toasty car that's been closed up with the sun beaming down on it all day. Yeah, I feel your pain sweetie!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

J G.
on 11/5/11 5:29 pm
Make yourself some more rice bags.  I sometimes lay down with 3 or 4 of those things. One on my sinuses, one  on top of my head, one under my neck and one more  - maybe chest or feet.  Rice bags work so well 'cause the conform to your body contours.  Okay, going for one now....
Elizabeth N.
on 11/6/11 7:53 pm - Burlington County, NJ
You're perfectly normal and it's right on time. It will get better over time, in general. Your thermostat will even out, at least, possibly on the "tending toward chilly" side.

I recently picked up one of those paraffin spa things at Goodwill. It is delightful for my perpetually cold (and recently arthritic) hands and their poor dry skin.

I have discovered the joy of MANY layers, and of having at least one layer of wool in those layers, in cooler weather.

(deactivated member)
on 11/5/11 10:17 am, edited 11/5/11 10:17 am - Santa Cruz, CA
You've lost all your insulation! Bundle up! I loved to get bundled up in the nifty cashmere sweaters
 I was able to fit into!

See, a silver lining!!

prettypixels
on 11/5/11 10:20 am
 Well not yet!  LOL!  I just had my surgery a week ago!  I am still quite well insulated!  

RainyDayWoman
on 11/6/11 8:22 am - Fridley, MN
I swear it's the "eating hardly anything" issue.  I have no scientific basis for it, but that's my pet theory, that the body isn't working so hard to digest our normal load of food and thus we get colder quicker in the weeks after surgery. 
sandyv63
on 11/5/11 11:29 am - Naples, FL

Well I don't think it is an insulation thing for me. I am still pre-op and I'm cold when the house is at 77 degrees. And I live in Florida for chrissakes! It doesn't get more pathetic than me.  We hit fhe 60s and I practically go into hibernation. I mean I am miserable and complaining about how much I hate winter (in southern Florida... I get NO sympathy!)