My malnutrition and my life this past month...seeking support

dustydeer
on 11/3/11 8:55 pm
I am working my butt off to get myself healthy again. First the how and why of it all. I have had a month from hell and then dug deeper the last 2 weeks of it. It involves my mother being put in CCU 2 times, my Dad once and then he passed last week and on the day of the first viewing my 2 teenage daughters had a major automobile accident on the way to the funeral home for the first time Tuesday. I went back to work Thursday and I suddenly realized I was in trouble myself.

I want to say first that my daughters are miracles and walked away from it with cuts and bruises. That was all I could even think about till yesterday. It seems to have all hit at once. I realized I had went a good few weeks without protein shake support and my vites. I didn't realize how fast I would spiral.

I have called my Dr, I am on top of this but wow...so I already have thrush, weakness, swelling, heart palps and pressure point body sores(bra, hips, tops of feet). I didn't feel anything I don't think till yesterday, and I noticed my bra was bothering me, my legs felt heavy...and then it's like dominos...

So I got in something like 400G's in protein shakes yesterday, probiotics, vites, and lots of water. I have scatter brain and cannot find my B12 shot anywhere...so I'll order that today, apparently I am 2 weeks back on that as well.

I never imagined this could happen to me again but then again, I never imagined a day like I have had much less a month. Any extra advice or ideas to help me pick myself back up? Dr H wants me in this upcoming Wed for labs (I had them a month ago and was good except K), and said that if I need to come in and get some bags on me for support to do that, but I told him I feel like I will give myself a few days to build up and see.

That's about all I got, going to post this on facebook as well.

5'1 HW 298 CW 118

"Making America skinny, one slap atta time!" -Slap Chop Dude

girlygirl1313
on 11/3/11 9:09 pm - Davidson, NC
 So sorry to hear of the passing of your father and for all the hell you have been through in the last few weeks.  This has been an hard series of events in your life condensed in such a short time span.  I think you're doing the best thing for your self right now... taking back control of your health! You know the drill, protein, water, vites... get your labs checked if needed.  My advice is to get out for some fresh air and some sun on your face.
Remember to breathe.
~GG

scoob
on 11/3/11 9:29 pm - Somerset, KY
First, So sorry for your loss. Sounds like you have had more then your fair share of troubles.

Take it easy on yourself and take one day at a time. Keep us updated. I hope you start feeling better soon. Make sure you get in there and get those labs checked!! HUGS sweetie!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

dustydeer
on 11/3/11 9:42 pm, edited 11/3/11 9:43 pm
Thanks for yalls thoughts and prayers. I never imagined a situation where I would be bottoming out again.
What is most suprising is all the symtoms at once I felt only yesterday and reality hit when I saw that my body was scabbed where my bra and panties touched, and my legs swelling, etc etc.......then it just felt like, OHhhh God...I can't believe this!

5'1 HW 298 CW 118

"Making America skinny, one slap atta time!" -Slap Chop Dude

Elizabeth N.
on 11/4/11 1:17 am - Burlington County, NJ
Sweetie, it did not hit all at once. You've been in survival mode for a number of weeks and THAT'S when it happened. It was on its way before that, and then the stress and awfulness made it go faster.

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/11 11:10 pm
I'm so so sorry for your loss and then the illness of your mom and OMGosh the crash! Yup, I can attest it all hits you at once.  A few weeks without shakes or vits normally doesn't cause major deficiencies unless you were on the borderline, but there's a chance your fluid intake decreased as well and are dehydrated. I'm glad you called your doc.

OH! and if I am late with my B12 shot, my short term memory blows out the window. Find that stuff!

More hugs to you for your stress and loss. I'm afraid your stress isn't over because of grief, but I'm glad you recognized that taking care of you is important during this time. Not only are you dealing with grief, but the PTSD of the possibility of the loss of your mom from illness and to top that off, the possibility you could have lost your girls in an accident!  My only unsolicited advice is to look at what is in front of you and then do the next "right" thing in front of you (pay a bill, do the dishes, take a shower, wash clothes, take vitamins). Break them into small tasks. I've had to do this type of task breakdown during my aunt's illness and passing (compounded with disordered family issues). I'm on the other side and I know you can do this too!

Gentle Hugs,
Ratkity
(deactivated member)
on 11/3/11 11:32 pm
I am so sorry for all that has happened in your life.

My advice would be to go get a few bags of the vites, etc, to give yourself a leg up.  I would also continue doing what you are doing to get healthy.

Hugs,
Michele
(deactivated member)
on 11/4/11 12:27 am
cajungirl
on 11/4/11 12:28 am
My condolences to you and your family.  I lost my father last week too I know what you are going through then add your Mom's illness and the scare of your daughter's accident it compounds all the emotions you are going through.

I'm glad you are back on track with your vitamins and getting in protein shakes, I hope you can get yourself healthy again real soon.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/11 1:54 am
Sorry for you loss too.

Hugs,
Ratkity