Do you use an app to track your intake?

HeatherLynn
on 11/4/11 5:00 am - TX
 I am mostly concerned with tracking my protien intake and vitamins. Is there such an app for your smart phone? 

(Sorry if I am asking too many questions and creating too many threads)
(deactivated member)
on 11/4/11 5:52 am - TX
 I don't use an app but I know they exist. 

I'm just popping in to reiterate SlimShady's invite to our Lubbock Area DS'ers group.  We meet monthly (sometimes more often) and have an FB page.  If you are on FB, send me a PM on this site and I'll add you to our group.  Our next meeting is 22 Nov but we are always up for mini-get-togethers.  

One of our guys has an Excel program he built for tracking intake.  I imagine he could translate it to something that would work on a smartphone.  He's all clever like that.

Hope to hear from you,

Rags
M. Miller
on 11/4/11 6:15 am, edited 11/4/11 6:16 am
I have tried two, Spark People amd Livestrong.  I love Livestrongs tracking the best.  It has a very comprehensive food database including restaurant foods.     I use it most days of the week to track what I eat and what activity I do. 
HeatherLynn
on 11/4/11 7:27 am - TX
On November 4, 2011 at 12:52 PM Pacific Time, RagamuffinB wrote:
 I don't use an app but I know they exist. 

I'm just popping in to reiterate SlimShady's invite to our Lubbock Area DS'ers group.  We meet monthly (sometimes more often) and have an FB page.  If you are on FB, send me a PM on this site and I'll add you to our group.  Our next meeting is 22 Nov but we are always up for mini-get-togethers.  

One of our guys has an Excel program he built for tracking intake.  I imagine he could translate it to something that would work on a smartphone.  He's all clever like that.

Hope to hear from you,

Rags
 I wrote you via PM. Thanks 
linda1814
on 11/4/11 12:06 pm
There are a lots of people using My Fitness Pal

My Macronutrient Breakdown

Daily Average for the Last 30 Days

Like this widget? Get your own at ObesityHelp.com

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/11 12:33 pm
I use My Fitness Pal. I like that there is an app for my iPhone that links with my computer account (:
chs32
on 11/6/11 11:31 am - Charlottesville, VA
 I use mynetdiary.  Its nota pc app, but an iPhone/iPad app.  I like that it finds foods rapidly in its inline database saving me from entering all the data.  It remembers your earlier entries and brings them up more quickly. 
Chad M.
on 11/6/11 11:47 am - Indianapolis, IN
I don't use it anymore but the MFP app is pretty good.
prettypixels
on 11/6/11 12:23 pm
I just tried to find the My Fitness Pal app and it did not come up in my search (on my iphone). Does it have a weird name on there or something?