CPAP test complete & turned my claim into insurance for the DS!

determineddanni
on 11/4/11 2:22 am

So I completed my all night CPAP testing with the help of valium to make me relax and get to sleep. My doctor said the CPAP improved my sleep tremendously from my previous sleep study. He also did confirm that I am having upper airway resistance syndrome. It’s basically the never talked about little sister to sleep apnea. For example it is like breathing through a straw because your muscles relax causing a narrowing of my airways. This causes me to not get enough oxygen, wake up at night, stop breathing in intervals (not enough in an hour for sleep apnea though), and for my heart to overwork in my REM cycles.

My doctor said it’s hard to get insurance to cover this and he said he is going to “write a damn good letter". What a great doctor! He might not believe in WLS but he sure knows his stuff. Just because I didn’t pass for sleep apnea, he still worked very hard in helping me. Most would have closed the book and left it, then when I finally did get sleep apnea to treat it.

By the way my insurance did say they would cover it, all they needed is a medically necessary letter and a prescription. Thank you Federal BCBS! I might not love you next week if you deny my DS but for right now I love you.

Pray and/or swing critter for my approval! I am so nervous and anxious…so many emotions I think I might burst.

Elizabeth N.
on 11/4/11 2:34 am - Burlington County, NJ
HURRAY!!!!!

M. Miller
on 11/4/11 3:58 am
Wondering if you are terribly concerned abou FED BCBS denying your request?  My understanding is if you meet all the requirements outlined in the their Brochure, there is not problem with approval.  I thought their requirements were fairly reasopnable compared to some others (I have FED BCBS).
determineddanni
on 11/4/11 4:14 am

I do meet all requirements but that does not mean they won't try to deny me. I work closely with insurance and my husband works with them daily as well, we have seen them deny for no good reason. They will do anything not to pay. Federal BCBS is an amazing insurance, I really do love them. I just am not getting my hopes up or put my head in the sand if they shoot a denial to me. Granted I will fight them till they cover it! (worst case scenario)

I have my fingers crossed! I just keep thinking of a life being healthy again and I just want to cry because it's so close I can taste it. :)

M. Miller
on 11/4/11 4:29 am
Keeping my fingers crossed for you as well.  Let us know as soon as you know!
determineddanni
on 11/4/11 4:04 am
Thanks EN :) The time has gone by so fast! Yesterday was only May, where did time go. I just hope my insurance stays awesome and lets me join you lovely ladies. I want to thank you for all your answering of questions because I know you guys hear them repeated a lot. I am sure you will hear more too lol
provolisa
on 11/4/11 4:42 am - Provo, UT
So, My application is going to the insurance as well, as soon as Dr. Simper's dictation is transcribed. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we were there at the same time? Are you planning on going to St. Mark's Hospital, or LDS Hospital?

Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

determineddanni
on 11/4/11 6:25 am

We are in the exact same boat :) You must be excited as well! I am having mine done at St. Mark's Hospital as far as I know.

MajorMom
on 11/4/11 8:42 am - VA
Swinging lizards for you, Danni. I hope everything goes through quickly for an approval.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

determineddanni
on 11/4/11 9:21 am
Thanks Gina :) I hope a happy dance is in the near future.