GOAL!!!!!!! ...and then some!

DarcyMad
on 11/3/11 10:12 am - Cedar Park, TX
Thank you!  You have no idea how many people I said that to before my surgery.  The before and after pics were always such an inspiration and I still love looking at them to this day.  If you are going to have the DS, you WILL be in my shoes someday!  Hang in there!
DarcyMad
Surgery Date:  11/15/2010
Jewel506 is my Angel!    Angel to Kristi (Momx4)
Anything that is, or was, began as a dream - Lavagirl 

ModestoK
on 11/3/11 6:21 am
Darcy -
I'm so happy for you! I bet you are still amazed on a daily basis about your new health and shape. (I know I am and I've still got a way to go.) Now you are a role model for the newbies.
Congratulations!
                                      ~  Kim  ~

HW - 283        SW - 257.5     Goal - 156
Thanks to all the DS vets who have paid it forward - I <3 you guys!  
Looking for DS support & information?   Check out :     http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

DarcyMad
on 11/3/11 10:14 am - Cedar Park, TX
Thanks Kim!  I am still amazed, yes.  Even when I'm not losing, which is a lot of the time now, I still couldn't be happier with where I'm at.  That's both with how I look and how I feel.  Oh and lack of co-morbs!
DarcyMad

HeatherLynn
on 11/3/11 9:41 am - TX
 You look great. I am so happy I read this post.  I too have been convinced I'd be the weirdo that DS would not work for. I can't imagine what being trim will feel like. We are doing our DS with Dr. Stewart at Baylor-Carrolton. Where did you have yours? 
DarcyMad
on 11/3/11 10:23 am - Cedar Park, TX
I had mine at Forest Park Medical Center.  That's further down in Dallas.  I'm from Austin so that's why they ended up putting me there.  I had the BEST post-op/recovery nurse.  He was SO on top of my pain & nausea management when I was in recovery.  I think that's why I did so well once i finally got up to my room.  I got there by 8pm and was walking by 11pm.  I was released to go home on day 3 and was off all pain and nausea meds by day 2 and never even filled my script for pain meds when I left. 

You will be so happy with Dr. Stewart.  He's such an excellent surgeon.  You'll be in, out and switched before you know it!
DarcyMad

HeatherLynn
on 11/3/11 10:29 am - TX
 Our insurance only covers the facility we will be having it at. :( 
DarcyMad
on 11/3/11 10:33 am - Cedar Park, TX
I wouldn't worry so much about the facility.  Surgeon-wise you are in GOOOD hands!
DarcyMad

ModestoK
on 11/3/11 10:36 am
Not sure if this would apply, but you can appeal an HMO decision.
Too many people give up when their insurance tells them they can't have a particular surgery or surgeon.   Why not fight for what you want - if they already said no then nothing worse would happen even if you lost the appeal.

http://www.tdi.texas.gov/hmo/appealenrollee.html