Worst in years...

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/11 2:22 am - TX
 The peanut crop, that is.  

Just got word we can expect a dramatic, like 40%, rise in the cost of peanut butter.  Yep, I'm headed to Sam's before it hits.

I'm still adapting to my bacon going from $3.70/lb to 4.90.  

Time to cut non-essential costs...anyone want a couple teenagers?
Larissa P.
on 11/2/11 3:25 am - Denton, TX
That means my $3 jar of PB is going to be $4.20.

I might survive this...lessee, at about a jar a month, one year crop issues, my PB cost will go up $14.40 for the whole year.

I'm not buying 12 jars now to save 14 bucks.
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
Sarah_Anne
on 11/2/11 9:40 am
 I would KILL for a $4.20 jar of PB.  I pay $7.50 for a jar of American Garden branded stuff.  
 HW 315/ SW 297 /CW 173 /GW 150, size 8/10, 5'8 tall  (Updated December 1)
scoob
on 11/2/11 4:06 am - Somerset, KY
I so need to stock up. Between me and the kids we can eat some peanut butter. That and peanuts. This sucks!!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/11 6:23 am - Bayonne, NJ
Noooooooooooo!!! Coffee, chocolate, peanut butter and bacon have all gone up way too much!
(deactivated member)
on 11/2/11 6:58 am
(deactivated member)
on 11/2/11 10:28 am
Renfairewench
on 11/2/11 10:29 am
We are already seeing prices on peanut butter go up. I just won't buy it if it gets to be too expensive.

As for bacon I found a brand call Galwanty that is sold in ShopRite, three pounds for 9.99.  That's 3.33 a pound. II like the taste of it and the fact that it's thick cut. Cost wise it's actually cheaper for me to buy it in a three pound package then to get it in one pound packages.  That is, until this week when I went to ShopRite and they were having a sale on the ShopRite brand of bacon for $2.50 a pound. So I got four pounds. Tomorrow I go back to the store and get four more pounds and if I can get hubby to go on Saturday maybe he will pick up another 4.  Cheapest I have gotton bacon in a long time so I want to stock up on it.

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

Twyla S.
on 11/2/11 11:53 am - Chattanooga, TN
 OMG....I have pbutter pies and cookies and pbutter balls to make for Thanksgiving and Christmas....my family will disown me!  I always buy the HUGE jar....now I just wanna cry....first my coffee and now my peanut butter!

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein