Toot, toot...here I go again!

wannablite
on 11/3/11 10:13 am - Southern, NJ
 I'm ready and armed with SF syrups out the wazoo! I love to be creative so changing things up flavor wise is really important to me. Thanks for your help!

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/11 9:51 am
I had to find a protein drink that worked for me, not against me. I was getting so gassy everyday, because I was using a varity of protein drinks so I wouldnt get bored, I sounded like a moped with a bad muffler. Now I am happy to say, I am on one kind ( premier rtd from costco) and having no problems.
wannablite
on 11/1/11 10:03 am - Southern, NJ
 Is that a whey protein isolate? I know that moped tune well! thank you for your help!

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/11 10:11 am
http://www.premiernutrition.com/protein-shake.html
These are them. I was buying all kinds of tubs of protein mix, but these "cheapy" one work best for me. I think I get 2 boxes for the same price as I was paying for one tub.
wannablite
on 11/1/11 10:27 am - Southern, NJ
 Thank you soooo much! It sure can't hurt to try and it's loaded with protein! How long have you been using them?

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/11 10:46 am

I started with them right after surgery but started adding other kinds of protein drinks. I was using isopure, syntrax necters, and I was miserable. I eliminated all protein drinks, but my hair started falling out again. So I added them back. About a month ago, now hair loss has almost stopped and thankfully the gas. I am doing 2 a day. I use the chocolate and vanilla both are good.

larra
on 11/2/11 2:19 am - bay area, CA
It could be those shakes - why not ditch them and eat tasty protein instead? I bet that alone would help a lot, and you would enjoy the food more as well. Your hair is going to come back regardless of whether you drink protein shakes or not. Losing hair is a common part of rapid weight loss. It will resolve.
     Another possibility is bacterial overgrowth in your colon. If this is the problem, a short course of flagyl should clear it up. Probiotics are good, but not a guarantee. Talk with your doc about giving this a try.

Larra
wannablite
on 11/2/11 4:27 am - Southern, NJ
 Today is day one w/out shakes so we shall see. My stomach still can't hold much & w/a FT job I can't graze so getting in at least 100 gr of protein in food alone is difficult to say the least. If it continues, I def will contact the doc. Thanks!

Larissa P.
on 11/2/11 3:23 am - Denton, TX
Get tested for c-diff.

I went around and around and everyone kept saying I wasn't eating right...dammit, I ate nothing but pure meat and it didn't help.

A few rounds of flagyl later, look at me. Normal.

I don't care if you don't eat nothing but chicken breast and mayo all day and night, if you have an overgrowth of bacteria in your gut you are going to have gas.
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
wannablite
on 11/2/11 4:29 am - Southern, NJ
 This was also a thought of mine, but today I am doing w/out the shakes to see if I can rule anything out. If the gas persists, I will definately be calling the Dr. By the way, you were a beautiful bride! Congrats, Larissa!