Toot, toot...here I go again!

wannablite
on 11/1/11 9:04 am - Southern, NJ
 and I'm not talking about the little engine that could either! I'm talking about ME every day like clock work. It doesn't seem to matter what I eat or don't eat, the farts want to flow freely and I am at work! This has to stop!! Help! Today, for example, I had 2 protein shakes, bacon & peanut butter on a carbquick muffin and look out! I need to do something, anything. This must stop! I take 2 probiotics a day plus Digestive Advantage Gas Defense Formula which also has a probiotic in it. I keep my carbs very low as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Kathleen F.
on 11/1/11 9:20 am, edited 1/25/12 8:50 am
What kind of protein shakes are you drinking? [edited to remove personal information]

wannablite
on 11/1/11 9:45 am - Southern, NJ
 I'm drinking Isopure currently which is whey protein isolate. Do you drink shakes? My DH swears it's the protein powder, but if that's our "best" protein how do we do without it? My hair has taken a leave of absence (currently growing back) and I'm afraid to do without it. What do you do?

Kathleen F.
on 11/1/11 10:22 am, edited 1/25/12 8:49 am
[edited to remove personal information]

wannablite
on 11/1/11 10:28 pm - Southern, NJ
 Thanks, Kathleen. I ordered some Jay Robb samples!

Elizabeth N.
on 11/2/11 12:07 am - Burlington County, NJ
Whey isolate seems to give more people gas issues than whey concentrate. Whey seems to give more people gas than egg.

How about eating more FOOD with protein instead?

wannablite
on 11/2/11 4:21 am - Southern, NJ
 Wi**** was that easy, EN, but tiny tummy syndrome has struck & it's just not possible right now. That's a fantasy of mine, but for now getting in 50gr of protein from shakes has been a huge help. I keep trying!

Elizabeth N.
on 11/2/11 8:27 am - Burlington County, NJ
I hear you there. I've been having some grouchy belly recently and it can be a challenge. Use caution with the Jay Robb shakes when you try them, as they have a fair amount of sugar alcohols. They don't exceed my tolerance, whereas I have yet to find a SA-containing protein bar that doesn't send me over the edge. But there are people who get into that kind of trouble from them.

There are some other brands of egg protein, though, or so I'm told. Another thing some people do is use Egg Beaters in a shake format. You don't get nearly as much protein per fluid ounce, but it's something to keep in mind if you're able to drink fairly freely.

wannablite
on 11/2/11 8:58 pm - Southern, NJ
 I am blessed in the SA department, thankfully! I appreciate the heads up on Jay Robb. If it doesn't work for me, I can just add it to the rest of the canisters of protein castoffs! LOL Not only should we all do clothing exchanges, we should do protein exchanges! I need a spare room for mine! Thanks so much for your input. I appreciate you, EN.

Kathleen F.
on 11/3/11 9:02 am
If the SA do happen to bother you for some reason, then try the plain egg white protein powder. You will have to flavor it yourself, but it doesn't have any weird taste so should be quite versatile.