Renee2007
on 11/1/11 12:52 am - Central, FL
 Are you on any antibiotics?

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Mom4Jazz
on 11/1/11 1:05 am
First is to rule out an allergic reaction, as those can be dangerous. I'd recommend contacting your surgeon or doctor pretty quickly. An allergic reaction that starts with hives can lead to anaphylaxis (and don't ask me if I spelled that correctly).

If you rule that out, however, there is a condition known as "chronic urticaria" which is to say, hives that happen just because they happen. A body stress (had any of that lately?) can trigger your immune system to just be stupid and presto, hives for no apparent reason.

Over 80% of folks that develop this, it disappears as magically as it came within a year. Another 15% within 5 years. A few lucky folks it just hangs around like a new, unwanted friend. I, unfortunately, am one of the latter.

An allergist can diagnose this.

Treatment: a type A and a type B antihistamine, both taken daily at first twice a day then as things calm down once a day and the second dose only if needed. I take 10 mg Zyrtec and 150 mg Zantac once a day, then a second dose at night as needed (actually, I take the store generic...same difference).

For your sake, I sincerely hope it's an allergy.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

prettypixels
on 11/1/11 4:46 am
 Honestly I'm thinking it's just stress and heat (I notice it when I'm all snuggled under blankets, sleeping), and my system just dealing with so many new meds and things all at once.  I will definitely bring it up with them tomorrow, but it seems to respond ok to benadryl and not be getting any worse, or any other symptoms.  I just wondered if anyone else had this happen.  Thanks so much for your input!
Banded in 2001 at 217 lbs - Band to DS revision 10/25/11 at 310 lbs
If life with your band sucks, you are not alone and it's not your fault.  Check out the failed lap band group!