OT - Noodle alternative, with protein

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 11/1/11 1:48 pm
 I just tried mung bean fettuccine noodles, and I know mung bean noodles are often called glass noodles, but these are different, and not those round kind.

The have PROTEIN!!! and are flat, and I think I actually like them better than real semolina pasta.

These are more firm and chewy than regular noodles, and I wanted something with protein. I'll put the label below, but think these may be my go-to noodle for a few things. I tried them with pesto sauce, and with alfredo sauce, with prawns. Both were great, and so far, no ill-effects as far as gas.

These are going into my regular rotation. I used these to cook for a gluten free guest, so it's nice to have options.

EXPLORE ASIAN Organic Mung Bean Fettuchini 
200gm

UPC: 650748777612 Product Details:
Organic Explore Asian Bean Pastas cook up to a perfect Al Dente texture and unlike most gluten free pasta, this product does not easily overcook. NUTRITION FACTS
Serving Size: 1.75 oz
Servings Per Container: 4
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 187  
Calories From Fat 22.3  
Total Fat 4.5 g 6%
Saturated Fat 0.4 g 2%
Trans Fat 0 g  
Cholesterol 0 g 0%
Sodium 77.5 mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g 6%
Dietary Fiber 0.5 g 3%
Sugars 0 g  
Protein 20 g  
Vitamin A   0%
Vitamin C   0%
Calcium   3%
Iron   10%
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet.
† Daily Value not established. Other Ingredients:  
Organic green mung bean, water. Made Without:  
Casein, Dairy, Egg, Fish, Gluten, Wheat, Shellfish Disclaimer:
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. 
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Click Here Go Back to Lori's Natural Foods Store!
* Gail R *
on 11/1/11 1:58 pm - SF Bay Area, CA
These sound good. where do you find them? I have lots of Asian markets where I can search.
My worry is that they could be gas producers....

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 11/1/11 3:20 pm
 I found them in a gluten free section.

Here is a link to the same brand, and a place that sells them, but I paid less, so it may be worth checking some gluten free places near you.

I have zero gas going on so far (about 6 hours post noodle) but I'm not a super gassy type, so you may not want to eat several bowl fulls the first time. I DID eat a bunch of it, and should have known better, so I'm glad I'm having zero issues. There's only 0.5gr of fiber, so that my be why.
J G.
on 11/1/11 4:20 pm
Kewl!  Do they have much of a taste before you mix them with other stuff?  I'll have to look for them at Whole foods....Thanks for posting    Jenny
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 11/2/11 4:39 am
 Not much taste, more of a texture difference.
Julie R.
on 11/2/11 1:56 am - Ludington, MI
I just had these, and I loved them.   I walked up to my corner grocery to by mai fun - rice noodles - and that's all they had.   I used them to make Vietnamese summer rolls, and they were great!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

butercup
on 11/2/11 2:38 am - Kennewick, WA
Very cool! I'm gonna go out and look for these.