Am I getting to many calories or carbs?

sbp7
on 11/1/11 11:45 pm, edited 11/1/11 11:46 pm - Munster, IN
I agree on eating real food too. Forget the shakes

For some reason, as hard as a tried, every protein shake I tried gave me horrible gas. I got 30 or more samples from Vitalady, mixed with milk, water, soy milk, etc. Same results.

So I've been getting plenty of protein all along with no shakes. Lots of scrambled eggs and cheese in the first few months, but now I can eat just about anything. I just focus on the protein and try to avoid carbs as much as possible.

I am 10 months out this week and have lost more than half of my pre-op body weight! Yesterday I ate 2 eggs and 3 slices of bacon for breakfast, a chicken breast with a few greens and lots of caesar dressing for lunch, pork tenderloin for and early dinner, pistachios for a snack, and a big shrimp ****tail for second dinner, and half of a bologna, cheese, mayo sandwich at the end of the night.

I've been eating similar to this for months and the weight keep falling off despite already exceeding my original goal.
Steve

Duodenal Switch January 4, 2011
Dr. Vivek Prachand. University of Chicago Hospital

elixir
on 11/2/11 3:10 am - MI
I have one or two double scoop shakes per day. I use four ounces of half and half and four ounces of water to make them. I don't use soy milk, almond milk or regular milk as the carbs make my gut ache. On the off chance that I run out of half and half I just use water for my shakes, but I'll blend it with ice which sort of feels like a treat.

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor