Wanting A Revision From RNY To DS With Dr. Ungson

daqman247
on 11/1/11 9:28 am - Clovis, CA
RNY on 01/11/12
Ms. Cal Culator
on 11/1/11 10:41 am - Tuvalu
On November 1, 2011 at 4:12 PM Pacific Time, DianaCox wrote:
On November 1, 2011 at 4:02 PM Pacific Time, Ms. Cal Culator wrote:

Do NOT follow information and advice from people who do not know what they are talking about.  

For example:

On November 1, 2011 at 2:57 PM Pacific Time, daqman247 wrote:  I am actually trying to get my doctor on www.dsfacts.com

Dr. Kelvin Higa
Www.ALSAbariatrics.com

He is in Fresno, CA though.

Hes one of the top doctors on the west coast and internationally known as well.

He teaches other doctors how to perform weight loss surgery as well.

He's also the President of the American Society for Bariatric Surgery (ASBS) which happens in San Diego, CA.

The in-house Psych had the VSG with him as well, so that makes things alot easier.

The Registered Nutritionist has 20 years of experience.

He also doesn't charge a program fee.

Highly recommended as an alternative.

I can pretty much guarantee you that Higa will NOT be listed on DSfacts.com

He is NOT one of the "top" doctors on the West Coast...whatever that means.

He is NOT the President of the ASMBS (the correct initials) and the ASMBS is headquartered in Florida, not San Diego.  (Although there are state chapters and I think Higa was in a National office a few years ago.)

There is no licensing of Nutritionists in California so there is no such thing as a "Registered Nutritionist."

An RD, if that's what s/he is, with 20 years experience, may be more dangerous than NO RD as many of them have little or no experience with DS patients.  (And ASTUTE DS patients figure that out right way.)

NOT EVEN CLOSE TO A VIABLE ALTERNATIVE...especially for a revision.

This guy (the pink stuff above) is posting dangerous info.  Ignore him.

Daqman is so ignorant, he doesn't even know how ignorant he is.

And now, he will probably block another of the people in the best position to help him get a DS.  Sounds about right to me.

He needs to get back to his world famous doctor in Fresno and have his RnY and leave us alone.
(deactivated member)
on 11/1/11 1:12 pm - San Jose, CA
1) He doesn't have the courage of his convictions, does he?  Makes a snarky comment, blocks me so I can't read it, and then deletes it.

2) RNY is all he'll get from Higa - but he thinks we're going to put Higa on DSFacts.com because he said so?  Pathetic.
(deactivated member)
on 11/1/11 6:30 pm - San Jose, CA
Maybe the world-famous Dr. Higa is his latest target Sugar-Daddy?
MsBatt
on 11/2/11 1:01 am
*SNORT*

Why's a guy who only has "a few extra pounds" even getting WLS?
larra
on 11/2/11 2:33 am - bay area, CA
Several posts about Dr. Higa, so I wanted to let you know he does not do the DS at all, let alone revisions to the DS. And I won't even get into all the other misinformation in that post. There is lots of great help here, but not this guy. Well, that's the internet for ya!
    You have all the right names, and if you're interested in a support group for DS people in San Jose, just send me a pm.

Larra