It might not be your surgery...

Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/31/11 6:23 am - Tuvalu

We often blame EVERYTHING on our surgeries.  But sometimes, it just happens.  Late-onset allergies are not unheard of.

I have always been subject to gastro discomfort when pigging out on ice cream.  Lately it's more so...but it COULD BE from my DS and it COULD BE from nuthin'.

My sister, now 63 years old, has been (seriously) allergic to melon since she was in her 20s.  Somewhere later on in life she became very sensitive to the adhesive on tape.  Our mother is.  I am to some degree.  My sister just found out she is also sensitive to the surgical glue that was used on her VSG.

Talking to her, I discovered that her daughter...in her late 30s---is suddenly reacting to tape.  And her son is now allergic to melon.  Neither of them has had any surgery.

So...you could be falling apart after surgery because you had surgery or for no reason at all.

Renee2007
on 10/31/11 7:39 am - Central, FL
 Funny that you should mention this. I just recently posted on a thread that EN posted on the Main Board about unrealistic expectations after having WLS. My comment was basically what you just stated. I see people all of the time blaming thier surgery for every ailment that comes down the pike. Not being realistic at all. **** happens, WLS or not!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

scoob
on 10/31/11 8:02 am - Somerset, KY
I have to sit back and giggle a lil when people get their surgery of choice then blame EVERYTHING on said surgery. I have a cold, should I call my surgeon?? LOL!!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"