*Plz Read this* I need a Dr who does Rny to DS revision in NY for Medicaid/Healthfirst ?...

CandySandy
on 10/30/11 7:28 am - DontBaDyck, NY
 My name is Sandrina . I'm from NYC. I'm 27 and I have had rny in the past in 2006 and was 310 got down to 171 now I'm 265 and am looking for a revision. I live in NY. My first Dr. ( Goodman) who performed my first surgery won't do a revision. I have diabetes, High blood presure and high cholesterol. I'm immobile due to a prolonged back injury and the weight is going up and up. I am constantly hungry and can never get full. Dr goodman had me come in and go through  the whole rigamarole (sp) endoscopy, bloodwork, breathing test...ect just to tell me what he wasn't going to do in the first place EVEN THOUGH everything came out perfect even my labs.( I'm meticulous about my vitamins.) I just don't understand why he would do that. Maybe a revision is just out of his comfort zone? Now, Im looking for a DR who will accept my insurance. I know ppl read these kinds of post but never respond but I'm begging you, if anyone knows ANYTHING abou a DR in NY who DOES revisions e.g D/S AND accepts medicaid of ANY kind please help me. I joined here because honestly, I lurked for a while and got the courage to sign up and post. I thought someone would be kind ebough to share any info they might have. Thanks you ANYTHING you can do or tell me. Thanks for reading and just because you did, I hope you have the best day ever! Bless you! BTW, I will travel anywhere in the 5 boroughs my revision. Thanks with all my heart. BTW< I've heard of Dr. Roslin But does he accept Medicaid and does anyone have his office number? But just to be clear, I need anyone who will do RNY to DS in the 5 boroughs with healthfirst. Thanks
newyorkbitch
on 10/30/11 7:58 am
With all due respect, are you not capable of looking up Roslins number and calling to ask about insurance? Being a DSer takes research and intelligence and resourcefulness. Use those things for yourself NOW.
"Just Elizabeth "
on 11/13/11 11:01 pm - Houston, TX
On November 14, 2011 at 4:11 AM Pacific Time, CandySandy wrote:
 Listen to me slowly: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Don't mind me. Just a copy job here.

Elizabeth                                                      
Back in the U.S.A.

"I have lost the lumbering hulk that I once was.  I don't hide behind my clothes or behind my door.  I am part of life's rich tapestry not an observer."  Kirmy

Elizabeth N.
on 11/14/11 12:18 am - Burlington County, NJ
Look at her city.

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/11 4:56 am - San Jose, CA
In my opinion, there are only about 5-6 surgeons in the US competent to perform a proper RNY to DS revision.  If Roslin doesn't take your insurance (and he has limitations on who he will do an RNY to DS revision for, so you have that potential problem as well), you are going to have to fight your insurance to send you to one out of network.
Elizabeth N.
on 10/30/11 8:48 am - Burlington County, NJ
Dr. Roslin has a website and a phone number. Call and find this out for yourself. That part is easy.

If he doesn't fit the bill, look at the other NY surgeons on the list at www.dsfacts.com and make some phone calls. You can do that. Please let us know what you find out.

Please don't expect to get emailed. You're a stranger to us. Someone might send you a private message via the OH system, though. If that happens, a notification will appear at the top of your window when you're on the site. You will not get email notification of a private message.

Even if it were not inappropriate to request that strangers (almost all women here btw) email you, your email address would still be ultra-offputting. It's totally like the email addresses that appear in the several dozen "get bigger get harder get laid" junk emails that disgrace my inbox every day.

I'll look forward to hearing more of your story right here in public. Good luck with those phone calls. Your communications might be informative at some point to others in a similar boat.

Twi light
on 10/30/11 9:45 am - NY
you should contact Roslin and ask him directly regarding insurance

http://www.nycbariatrics.com/default/about-our-program/our-surgeons

http://www.nycbariatrics.com/default/insurance-and-self-pay/participating-plans

1-888- Why Weight

888-949-9344

I believe in NYC metro, Roslin is the only vetted revision surgeon.

* Gail R *
on 10/30/11 12:52 pm - SF Bay Area, CA
As others mentioned, start reading from beginning to end ~ DSFacts.com      Good luck

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

larra
on 10/31/11 1:08 am - bay area, CA
Your only choices in NY are Dr. Roslin and Dr. Pomp. I'm not sure if Dr. Pomp does RNY to DS revisions, I do know that he does band to DS revisions but that's a much less complex surgery.
That's it, end of story for NY, don't waste your time contacting anyone else. You will need to get your records from the prior surgeon, and the time with him wasn't a total waste because you've already done a lot of the testing a real revision surgeon would insist on anyway. Your old surgen, btw, doesn't even do the Ds, let alone revisions to the DS. Research!!
     Another possible alternative might be Dr. Gagner in Montreal. As to who would or wouldn't accept your insurance, I have no idea, but their staff's could answer that one for you.
     And one more thing. If you are really physically hungry all the time, it's possible that the stoma (the connection of your pouch to the small intestine) has stretched out and whatever you eat just falls out of the pouch into the intestine. Without knowing the results of your endoscopy and maybe an upper GI x-ray, I can't say for sure, but this is the kind of thing a real revision surgeon will look for and use as a justification for revision with your insurer.

Larra
CandySandy
on 11/13/11 8:17 pm - DontBaDyck, NY
 Yes it has been confirmed that my stoma has stretched . I found out through endoscopy. Thanks.