Anyone????lapband to DS

lovy19
on 10/29/11 8:02 am
  Hello everyone this is my first post I am 5'5 and 240 pounds I currently have the Lapband had it since 2006 i live in brooklyn ny I lost minimal weight with the band and gained that back and more my body shape is what made the doctor want to do thenlapdband instead of gastric I have big hips thighs and bottom stomach not that big but the weight is heavy on my knees I now have amerigroup coverage not too familiar with it because I was initially approved with hip Medicaid when I got the Lapland.  I am going to switch insurance because I am looking Into the DS I just hope I get approved for a revision lapband made me lose significant hair food constantly gets stuck so the easiest to keep down are the bad foods .  I am so stressed with this weight gain my self esteem is rock bottom. Has anyone here gone through a similar experience, are my chances of revision slim?I any words of encouragement will be much appreciated
(deactivated member)
on 10/29/11 11:00 am - ewing, NJ
 I was banded in 2005. I weighed 263 and I am 5"10....Eventually through the vomiting and reflux I got down over the years to 217lbs. Then a year later my weight started fluctuating out f control. I was revised to DS on October 12th. I too was stressed about the weight I am excited with my new wls tool. I was 260 on the day of surgery am now down to 236!!!
lovy19
on 10/29/11 12:33 pm
 Congrats on surgery and your loss, I went on the DS site and realized it is also malabsorption surgery which is what I am seeking and also long term.  I am going to speak to one of the doctors listed in NY so that I can get further educated and also explain that I am seeking. Revision.  Hope I can get it.
hopingintx
on 10/30/11 1:09 pm

Hi, I just thought I'd say that if you don't get quite a few responses it might be because this was posted on the weekend.  The board is pretty quiet then.  You may want to try again on Mon. or Tues.    Just my opinion.
Nancy            
lovy19
on 10/30/11 9:24 pm
 Thank you.