Vitamin C almost killed me!

Renee2007
on 10/30/11 1:27 am - Central, FL
 Yikes that is scary! I have gagged on my zinc a few times because it likes to get stuck. My vitamin C is chewable and it's my favorite vitamin. Mine also tastes like candy. They are made by Spring Valley and I get them from Walmart. They are multiple fruit flavors.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

LuckyLibrarian
on 10/30/11 1:29 am - Plumerville, AR
I can't stand the tartness of chewables, I look like I have "bitter beer face" when I eat them. As soon as this bottle is gone, I will go back to non-chewables.

DC- good to know!
Kristen
"Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation." - Walter Cronkite

LuckyLibrarian
on 10/30/11 1:39 am - Plumerville, AR
By the way, I have been giving my poochie fish oil daily. I had a moment of cheapness and decided that I didn't need the burpless 3-6-9. NOT! fish burps are nasty. My dog loves his fish oil treats
It has SERIOUSLY cut down on his constant, year round, shedding, and it makes his coat nice and shiny.
I wonder if he would like the terrible vite C? Lol
Kristen
"Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation." - Walter Cronkite

Kayla B.
on 10/31/11 12:53 am - Austin, TX
Yikes.

Are you aware that Vit C is very easily found in capsule form at the grocery store, vitamin shoppe, etc?
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
LuckyLibrarian
on 10/31/11 7:45 am - Plumerville, AR
Of course, I am aware. Previously, I had always bought non-chewable, but thought I'd change it up a little. Never again.
Kristen

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 10/31/11 4:53 am
Oh yes, the chewables often have a rougher surface, and no coating to help them slide.

I've almost choked on a chewable vitamin (not C, and not even particularly large) and learned my lesson.

I will swallow a handfuls at a time of other pills/capsules, but if it says chewable, I will chew it, otherwise they drag and skid down the tongue.
bldeck
on 11/1/11 11:26 am - Farmington, NM
That's okay wait until you pull a Puff the Magic Dragon.  I have been taking vitalady calcium since surgery and this saturday one of the blue capsules got stuck.  Swallowed water and nothing then I belched and out comes this puff of white calcium.  It was bad made tears come to my eyes and my throat hurt the rest of the day. 

Note to self what ever you do, don't do that again.

Betty

DS with Daryl Stewart 04/21/10 - SW 306lbs CW 140lbs

Plastic Surgery with Dr. Sauceda 11/06/12 - LBL, Thigh Lift, BL/BA, small Arm lift