alcohol after DS

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/11 7:21 am
waterman691
on 10/29/11 8:59 am - west monroe, LA
 How long after DS before you can drink.  Just hang in there for a couple of months and I will post the results of a waterball.
(deactivated member)
on 10/29/11 9:27 am
Rhaynefall
on 10/29/11 5:16 pm - Clarksville, IN
It depends on what I drink.  Red wines I have a low tolerance for and will vomit them back up after only a glass or two sometimes.  Beer goes down fine with no issues and I find I'm not hungry when I drink beer.  Hard alchohol i**** and miss depending on how sweet what it's mixed with is.  I try to use things like diet sodas and the lower carb OJ like the Trop 50.  A Bloody Mary is heaven.

I waited until I was over a year out to start any alchohol back up.  It only takes a few drinks to get buzzed, but it does go away quickly.  But it is easy to overdrink when you're learning that and vomit when it catches up to you all at once, so go slowslow...s...l...o...w at first. 
Janet P.
on 10/29/11 10:09 pm
Whether you had the DS or not alcohol affects everyone differently. I waited well over a year before having a ****tail. I stick mostly with wine and try to stay away from fruit juice-based ****tails (carbs & bloating). Also, I never more than 2 of anything. Quick buzz and for me quickly back to normal. However, last night went out with friends to this fabulous restaurant in DC and had two special house ****tails before dinner (tequila based). That was it for me but by the time we were finished with our meal, I was completely sober.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

KellyJTn
on 10/30/11 1:43 am - Oak Ridge, TN
Alcohol hits me really fast now. I am still afraid to take a shot straight out for fear of how badly it will hit me. If I get anything now, it's a mixed drink and I sip on it slowly over the course of about 30 minutes. I get a buzz after about 1/2 of it, but once I stop drinking, I'm back to normal within a few minutes. In order to keep a buzz I have to keep sipping.
The only alcohol that gives me stomach issues is beer. It gives me an awful amount of gas and stomach pains.

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150