Body Temp Regulation - cold ALL the time!

Renfairewench
on 10/29/11 7:37 am
I have always been pretty cold intolerant, even when I was SMO, but now...holy crap. If it isn't 80+ degrees outside I am freezing.  Even now, sitting in a 70 degree house my nose is cold and I'm wearing long pants and long sleeves and am about to get up to put on a sweater. 

No deficiencies other than D and A, but those are being addressed. I really think it has more to do with muscle loss (for me anyway) and fat loss.

Maddie

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

Verhampshirite
on 10/29/11 9:09 am
Last winter I lived in silk long underwear. Of course, last  year's fall off me now. I'm still trying to decide whether to invest in them again this year - very expensive. The silk glove liners still fit!

Courage is more exhilarating than fear, and in the long run it is easier.
-- Eleanor Roosevelt
HW - 320, SW - 277, CW - 144, GW - 137
5' 2.5"; 120 cm. common channel; 3-4 oz. sleeve

Mommy2006
on 10/29/11 9:14 am
I'm cold now, too. A lot. I just figured I've lost so much of my fat shield.
zuzupetals2u2
on 10/29/11 9:50 am - Sedona, AZ
I am hot often instead- tho I have figured out it's the fat cells burning & estrogen stored in them but it isn't as constant as it was right after surgery. Now it comes in spurts. I would love to feel cold as I live in AZ and after the hot summer we had it sounds preferable!!

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

(deactivated member)
on 10/30/11 1:34 am

I get that, too!  Of course, I already knew all about hot flashes, but they did seem to get worse post-op.

zuzupetals2u2
on 10/29/11 9:55 am - Sedona, AZ
I do recall a diet 30 year ago when I was in ketosis for 10 months and I was freezing then so maybe it's from not enought carbs?? Just a thought . .

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

(deactivated member)
on 10/30/11 1:43 am

Yep, I'm increasing my carbs, maybe add another shake.  Went back to them when I saw a friend go through protein malnutrition. 

I hated that for her, but because of her experience, when it started in me, I knew the symptoms, and knew what to do.  Besides, I only have a 75 cm CC, so it's not like I'm going to gain a lot of weight.  Actually, it's more of a challenge for me to keep my weight stable! 

Larissa P.
on 10/30/11 1:07 am - Denton, TX
Insulation.

I wear men's size small A-Shirts (also known as wife beaters) under everything and panyhose or tights when I can. Add warm layers over that. Makes a big difference!
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
(deactivated member)
on 10/30/11 1:46 am

I'm definitely investing in termals this winter!  If I'm freezing now, think about how it will be when it *really* gets cold!

I live in the northern midwest region, so we tend to have some pretty cold winters here!