A very very important question....

prettypixels
on 10/28/11 6:47 pm
 I have a question that is of utmost importance, even though it won't matter for me for several months... that question is... 

HOW do you guys get your popcorn buttered evenly???!??!?? 

This is serious bizness!

On the rare occasions I actually put real butter on popcorn pre-op, I'd always wind up with one tiny section buttered, some butter in the bottom of the bowl and then NO butter on the rest.    So what's the secret???

I think it's important that when I can finally eat popcorn (I know, not for several months!!!) that I do it RIGHT.  Noobs need to know!!!  So what are your tips??? 
Banded in 2001 at 217 lbs - Band to DS revision 10/25/11 at 310 lbs
If life with your band sucks, you are not alone and it's not your fault.  Check out the failed lap band group!

MajorMom
on 10/28/11 7:54 pm - VA
lol  Someone once posted about using a straw to evenly distribute butter into a bucket of movie popcorn. Never tried myself though. I'm thinking you use one of those big straws like they have at the movies or a Slurpee straw. If you're at the movies you can pump the butter through the straw down into the popcorn...I want a solution for home though.

BTW...I didn't eat popcorn until I was at goal for a bit.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Janet P.
on 10/28/11 8:31 pm
Agree with MM - please wait a while to try. I've never been a big popcorn eater (mainly I hate that it gets stuck in my teeth) but I probably didn't have it until I was at goal for a while too.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Its a Secret
on 10/28/11 9:59 pm
Save a squeeze bottle and refill it with melted butter :)  Jelly, sour cream even a small bottle of catsup.  Alternatively, a zip loc bag with a corner snippled barely and sqeeeeeeeze....

Julie R.
on 10/28/11 11:03 pm - Ludington, MI
 I melt it, then pour some of the popcorn into a bowl, salt and drizzle butter, then put more popcorn in bowl, salt and butter, etc....in layers.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

prettypixels
on 10/28/11 11:46 pm
Now these are good tips! Love the squeeze bottle idea, and LAYERS, very important!

Don't worry guys I am not going to try it for a long long long time. It's just I keep seeing popcorn on the bites and vites thread and the question would not leave my brain! I had to know! So thank you
Renee2007
on 10/28/11 11:55 pm - Central, FL
 I do it the same way Julie does. A bit of popcorn then drizzle it on with a spoon, add more popcorn...drizzle more and then toss it for the last drizzle.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

pktwatch
on 10/28/11 11:56 pm
I was a BIG popcorn eater, I haven't tried it since my surgery. My wife bought a West Bend Stir Crazy 6-Quart Popcorn Popper. It has a place in the top where you place butter and it melts as it pops. It does a great job and I love the popcorn that it makes. In my opinion real butter is the only thing to use!

One trick is if you melt butter to pour over your popcorn make sure that it cools for a while, if it's to hot it will "curl up" the popcorn and not spread around. We used to dump a bunch of popcorn into a paper grocery sack and then pour to butter over it and close the sack and shake, that worked well.

I have to quit typing now or I will be out there making popcorn!

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)

prettypixels
on 10/29/11 5:00 am
 OoooooOOOOOh!  Thank you!  We can wait for popcorn together!  It sounds delicious but not very gentle to newly made tiny tummies, so we have to wait!  We can do it :) 
Banded in 2001 at 217 lbs - Band to DS revision 10/25/11 at 310 lbs
If life with your band sucks, you are not alone and it's not your fault.  Check out the failed lap band group!

pktwatch
on 10/31/11 3:17 am
Sorry but I cheated on you, hope that you forgive me but I just couldn't help myself! We played cards and ate popcorn yesterday.  I made 2 of those rather large stir poppers full and I ate quite a bit. I chewed it well and If I ended up with several hulls in my mouth I spit them out in a  napkin rather thatn swallow them. There was a lot of butter and salt and it was very good and treated me well!

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)