sour milk breath

a_new_mii
on 10/27/11 9:24 am - AZ
 I'm glad you posted!  For quite a while now, my daughter has been telling me my breath smelled like "old tomatoes"  I was thinking it had to be the protein shakes, but Now I'm thinking it might be Ketosis!!  :)  I've done everything I can think of to rid my mouth of this horrible yuck!  Are there any suggestions???? 
Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

zuzupetals2u2
on 10/27/11 3:26 pm - Sedona, AZ
if it is the ketosis breath you can add a few more complex carbs so you wont be in ketosis. You dont need to be to lose weight on the DS( tho some here do swear by very low carb under 50). Personally I couldnt live on so little without my anxiety going thru the roof!

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

sweetpotato1959
on 10/27/11 3:37 pm
 You have what I had about 6 months ago..
       . it is bad, but pro-biotics should  take care of it.    I use natural ones from a wild herb, ...to re-balance my system...Now I use an ounce of  herb tea once or twice a week... There are several pro-biotics. on the market, don't be afraid to try them, It may take a week to get your levels up to a normal level.Yogurt and buttermilk may help if you can tolerate them.I don't.
     .If you have lactose intolerance, the gastric enzymes are lacking.Don't even cook with it, use  rice milk, soy milk or water in recipes  Most recipes can e made with one cup of water and one tablespoon of corn starch replacing milk.with good results......this can cause bloating, diarrhea stools and bacterial overgrowth..It can lead to gastritis and  intestinal twisting.(been there , done that).
      If your sugars are spiking pc, 1 hour. (anything above 160 or so)..that will increase your bacteria and increase your healing times...even if your  fastings and post parasdials are normal. ( I bought that one too..).
Denise
girlygirl1313
on 10/27/11 8:29 pm - Davidson, NC
 Tell me more about the herb tea you use.  :)
~GG

* Gail R *
on 10/28/11 2:48 am - SF Bay Area, CA
Thaks Denise for the information. I don't think that it is lactose intolerance since I have no other symptoms. I went milk free for the first 6 months after the DS to help assure that I wouldn't become intolerant and actually got to where I enjoyed soy milk. I am beginning to think it is gut bacteria and my blood glucose does go up after meals and even when fasting. (I am one of the very few that the DS did not totally resolve type 2 diabetes)
So now it is new probiotics (I have been using Trader Joe's brand) and a much tighter control of my blood sugars.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

Most Active