7 Weeks post-op...sorry for the delay

Nurse N.
on 10/26/11 12:15 pm
Thanks, I'll just stick to my tap water! LOL
Judi J.
on 10/26/11 5:41 am - MN
I know an RNYer that could only handle Smar****er did you try that one?

I've also heard of people doing the "spa water" thing where they slice cucumbers and put them in a pitcher of water and claim it is yummy. I never got around to trying that
Nurse N.
on 10/26/11 12:16 pm
Yep I've tried that one....it's gross! The crazy thing is my water has to be ice, ice cold.

Nika
Jody W.
on 10/26/11 5:45 am - Windsor, CT

Nika...
It is good to see you back... I also was not prepared for the change of tastes... just the smell of cetain things make me gag... But I am so happy you are finding your way through things...  Really hope to see you around more!!

Original LapBand Surgery - 07/26/06- DS Surgery - 08/16/2011
 HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170

Nurse N.
on 10/26/11 12:18 pm
Jody......
I definitely won't be a stranger anymore. I absolutely need this board. Even though I hadn't been posting I had went into lurk mode. Yea I'm like you, sometimes the smells will definitely cause that gag reflex to kick in.
honeybadger 11
on 10/26/11 6:27 am - FL
So glad you are doing better. Its amazing even tho we KNOW our taste will change and there will be buyers remorse no one understands how bad it is til it happens.

Im not there yet...2weeks til my surgery but its good to see a reminder of what will happen and that it will get better, even if it is slowly:)

Thanks for checking in!

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

Nurse N.
on 10/26/11 12:22 pm
Yea it really didn't register until I was on the Dark Side. You hear about it, and then it hits you like REALLY?!?!?! Glad to know that you are doing all of your research and learning the good and "bad" of the DS. Trust me like so many on here say all the time, I would definitely do it all over again!!!

Good luck!!!
teachmid
on 10/26/11 6:45 am - OKC, OK
Congratulations on your surgery and weight loss.

The change in taste was a shocker for me, too. I figured it wouldn't be me......ha! I can't drink any Crystal Light at all and only like Dasani water. You might try a slice of lemon or lime.

It will get better.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Nurse N.
on 10/26/11 12:24 pm
Thank you so much Gail! I might try the lemon or lime, and let you know how it goes!

Nika
Frankie
on 10/26/11 8:49 am - NY
Hi Nurse Nika,

I feel everything you are saying.  I can't stand the taste of diet snapple (to me it taste too sweet) other things taste weird to me.  Only bottled water I can drink is poland spring. 

I know these things will pass.  Congrats on the weight loss and keep up the good work.

Frankie

Most Active