What a difference a J-tube makes!

LK_NC
on 10/25/11 8:23 am
Today - my J-tube was removed. I will not miss my artificial umbilical cord but it helped me get the nutrition I needed and broke the nausea cycle that prevented me from eating.   Was there improvement?  I can eat, drink, vitamins each day, no more nausea, last lab (two weeks ago) all within normal range, hair has stopped falling out and I am working full time again.  I did not take before pictures - but I am proud to say after 6 months I am down 129 lbs.  Everybody goes thru a rough patch and some are harder to get over than others - but finally my life has returned to normal (DS normal that is). 

Thanks to those on the forum who encouraged me to look at the J-tube.  It is much appreciated.
dtabor5
on 10/25/11 8:27 am
Oh i remember the day mone came out.. memories!!! glad you are doing better and great job!

Denise

Denise T.
My Angel is MAJORMOM!!!

MY DS!!!!
I see stupid people everywhere!!!

Julie B.
on 10/25/11 9:55 am - OH
I hear they are wonderful to have to help with fluids etc....Dr. Maguire puts them in routinely on his DS patients...I'll be leaving with one.

CONGRATS on your success! How exciting....can't wait to join you!

SW - 373 / CW - 179 / GW - 160

Renfairewench
on 10/25/11 10:47 am
I had a great deal of post op complications and was happy to have a Jtube most days. I really like being able to dispense my pain medication through it since that stuff tasted like ass!  I ended up having one for 3 months. I will say this, I was very happy to see the tube go. The sutures were killing me!

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

walter A.
on 10/26/11 6:01 am - lafayette, NJ
had one with my ds, kept it for 12 weeks, it was a joy, no issues, and I had not one complaint that is common on the board for post ops.