Has any one had a DS at mayo?

rnshawn
on 10/25/11 5:38 am
Has anyone had Michael Kendrick at Mayo clinic as their surgeon or heard anything that would produce a red flag? I have done some research but would like to hear it from an actual patient
Thanks
teachmid
on 10/25/11 6:33 am - OKC, OK
Sorry, no info. Is he on the list of vetted surgeons at DSFacts.com?
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

beemerbeeper
on 10/25/11 6:57 am - AL
I don't think they do the DS at Mayo.  Check out www.DSFacts.com for a list of surgeons *****ally do do theDS.

~Becky

rnshawn
on 10/25/11 7:08 am
They do them at Mayo and Dr Kendrick is on other websites including this one, but not DSfacts.com. I work at Mayo and have heard great things about him but was looking for an outside source
Wenda C.
on 10/29/11 11:08 pm - Combine, TX
You are correct, they do them at Mother Mayo.  I worked at Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville when I had mine.  I chose to go to Dr. Keith Kim when he was in Mississippi for the surgery.  There were contributing factors, one of them being Dr. Kendrick does not have a tremendous amount of them under his belt.

Best of luck to you .  Mayo is a great place to work and had great benefits at the time I was with them.  Wish I was still there.

Wenda

HW/DOS/Now
300+/273/156
Lap DS  2/3/03
Open Leak Repair  12/5/03

rnshawn
on 10/30/11 7:53 am
He has done a lot more since 2003. i just found out that he did a fellow nurse that I work with  and his wifes. So I feel a lot better hearing that. I do love working a Mayo,maybe I will get a transfer to Fl where it is warmer.
Thanks
Shawn
Elizabeth N.
on 10/30/11 8:51 am - Burlington County, NJ
Woohoo!!! This is good news. Pass the word among his DS patients where you can, will you? It would be marvelous to know more.

lwoznick
on 10/25/11 9:20 am - Green Bay, WI
If you're considering a DS or a revision from another WLS to a DS, one of the best, vetted, DS surgeons is in Minneapolis, Minnesota....Dr. Henry Buchwald at the Univ. of Minnesota Medical Center. In addition to performing these surgeries, he teaches and trains other bariatric surgeons around the world. You'll also find him on DS Facts.com.

HW 293, SW 282, LW (Post RNY) 202, SW Pre-DS 242, CW 219 GW 140
Julie from Ludington, MI is my Angel!

rnshawn
on 10/25/11 9:25 am
I have to stay at Mayo for insurance reasons. No revision just straight up DS.
Thanks
Shawn
Elizabeth N.
on 10/26/11 1:14 am - Burlington County, NJ
I've seen his name a couple of times. He probably either hasn't done enough of them or is not well known enough to the people who vet surgeons (self included) for DS Facts.

It would be WONDERFUL to be able to add him to that list. Can you interview him and get lots of info out of him and post it here?