Very Loose Stools after DS What now diapers?

Elizabeth N.
on 10/25/11 11:28 pm - Burlington County, NJ
ANY GI surgery can bring on diarrhea this early out. This is NOT about the DS. It's about GUT SURGERY. Good Lord woman, get realistic with your expectations.

jlweb55
on 10/25/11 12:02 pm
I know a lot about nutrition and vitamins. I will not have a problem. Unlike most I do do a lot of research before I step out into something like this. I do take happy pills but have been off them for about 10 days due to surgery. It will probably help when I go back on them tomorrow. I have not been able to find anyone who will be willing to work with me after surgery in mexico. I figure if I have a complication I will go to the emergency room. They will have to help me. But as of right now I feel great other than the sore butt. I think I made the right decision for me . It was either this way or no way and it was either a very poor last 20-25 years of life or a great  and productive last part of my life. I choose the latter and I know the little girl I am raising and would love to see her finish school and maby get married one day. That would not have happened if I had not done this.So for all of you who judge me for what I did, now maby you can understand why I did it. Thanks Judy
Sunshine16
on 10/26/11 5:47 am
Can I just add,and THANK GOD for a good support team.You really need people who have already gone thru this surgery for support.
rnshawn
on 10/25/11 5:29 am
What she said! Great post
Elizabeth N.
on 10/25/11 5:48 am - Burlington County, NJ
If you are a week out from surgery, you shouldn't be leaving your house yet anyway. Talk to your surgeon about what s/he wants you to do. You might belong back in the hospital for fluids and other treatment.

jlweb55
on 10/25/11 12:05 pm
You know what I tell everybody is I don't have as much time left as they do and I have to make life happen while I can. Not going to lay in the bed and moan about my soreness. I would rather focus on my business and my grandaughter. I will be laying down for a long time one day and I am not ready to go yet.
* Gail R *
on 10/25/11 2:08 pm - SF Bay Area, CA
You have just had a very serious surgery. It is neccesary for you to lay in bed and give your insides a chance to heal. Focus on healing for the next week or two, then you will have the health to enjoy your life and family. Good luck

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

Elizabeth N.
on 10/25/11 11:26 pm - Burlington County, NJ
*Sigh* You had surgery JUST A FEW DAYS AGO. If you don't chill the **** out and give yourself time to HEAL, you will be lying down permanently very, very soon. Especially given the apparent quality of every single OTHER decision you've made about the DS.

Now get yourself to the doctor and get tested for c diff.

And do PLEASE let someone know that you post here and that we will want very much to be notified if things go so badly that you can no longer update us. We are yelling at you and shaking our heads at your obvious idiocy because WE WANT YOU TO SURVIVE.

Sunshine16
on 10/26/11 5:48 am
I concur, you need to be off from work a good 3 weeks to a month at least. Or very light seating job.
ambermay
on 10/25/11 6:12 am
I had very loose frequent stools post surgery.  Turns out it was b/c I was making my shakes with milk and I had become intolerant.  Taking out the milk helped alot but they didn't really firm up untill I started all my vitamins.

5'6" -- HW 270ish/SW 153.6/GW 150/CW 138
Amber