Very Loose Stools after DS What now diapers?

J G.
on 10/26/11 3:53 pm
Sunshine16
on 10/26/11 7:49 pm
Jenny,

Does this Utimate Senior Formula Billion-Vegi Caps help with the ODOR?????  This is my issue, after I go bathroom, Its sometimes like an explusion.  I can eat a strict protein diet, but that is unrelistic for me. Is there anything to take that is safe to help with the number 2 bathroom ODORS???

Hope you can help,
Thanks

PS...I do us Ozuim spray and add just a drop in the tiolet but that can be a pain  doing that alllll  the time.

J G.
on 10/27/11 3:57 am

Sorry Sunshine, when you sign up for the DS you sign up for stinky poop, taking into consideration that every body's poop stinks.  My solution is to light (and re-light)  several wooden matches or small sticks.  It is the smoke that is created when you blow them out that covers up the stink, so this is better than just lighting a candle. Yes, as you say it's a little bit of a pain doing it every time, but just think of the pain you not having planning diet meals, etc.

As for the probiotic helping with odor, I'm not really sure, because I started them before my DS because of having IBS and diarrhea. Worked great.

Does this answer you question?  -Jenny 

Sunshine16
on 10/27/11 4:00 am
Thanks Jenny!  I heard after time, not sure how true this is, but it won't seem as bad.  Or does that mean you really don't seem your on stuff.  I have funny stories in regards to me not smelling my own stuff.  I know probably TMI...lol.  But thanks!
J G.
on 10/27/11 4:07 am
Yeah, there have been time when I have walked out of the bathroom thinking it wasn't too stinky, but then re-entered the room and realized "oops, it does stink, I need to make some smoke in here."
Sunshine16
on 10/27/11 4:12 am
Okay, thanks for the advice about the match boxes.  I will carry them as well.  The Air Sanitizer  OZIUM, Country Fresh is my favorite too.  Before I really have to go in public, I add JUST A DROP in the toilet. 

ann M.
on 10/25/11 3:51 am - Northern, VA
Did Dr. Huacuz do your surgery?  Not to be an alarmist, but there have been real concerns over this surgeon.  Who are you doing follow-up with?  How is your healing / recovery going? 

SW / BMI / SIZE:  312 / 49.5 / 26-28W         CW / BMI / SIZE:  159.1 / 25.1/ 10-12 
I need to lose about 2 more pounds for a normal BMI .  I still seem to be slowly losing at over 2 yrs out...so may get there yet.

teachmid
on 10/25/11 3:53 am - OKC, OK
Actually, Ann, that crossed my mind too.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

jlweb55
on 10/25/11 10:58 am
God no, I went that route with the sleeve and he did not do it right, I could still eat as much as 90% of what I could eat before the surgery. My friend worked for him as a patient cordonator and she finally had to leave. She brought him 4 DS patients and they all 4 almost died and ended in the hospital for several weeks after his attempt at ds. I know of many other sleevers that did not get what they paid for and ended up like me . So this time I tried to find the best trained and qualified surgeron for the ds. That surgeron was Dr Ponce De Leon, He is a trainer of other Docs in this procedure and I talked to several of his other patients and they had a wonderful surgergy experience. Since I was on my 4 th wls Dr Ponce had Dr Almonza assist with the surgery. He is a very good surgeron as well. But since I had a lot of scar tissure and would have a long surgery, then Dr Ponce did my switch. The most important part and Dr Almonza make my sleeve smaller. While they both worked on the scare tissue. It took about 4 hours, When I came out of it, I could not believe how little pain I felt. The tecniques are getting better and better all the time. It may not be the greatest of hospitals of clinics but the organazation and work ethec there is as fine as I have ever seen in any hospital from the very large to the very small. I am very happy with the outcome of the actual surgery. Now if I can get a handle on the diarreha, I will be happy . So please no one go to Dr Hucauz,  I speak from experience. Thanks Judy
ann M.
on 10/25/11 4:00 am, edited 10/25/11 4:01 am - Northern, VA
In taking a look at your posting history about your recovery...It is not at all typical.  It all seemed all too quick and easy.  Maybe you are part of the very lucky few, but maybe you didn't get the surgery you thought you did.

Did you get a copy of your operative report? You really need to verify what you had done.   

SW / BMI / SIZE:  312 / 49.5 / 26-28W         CW / BMI / SIZE:  159.1 / 25.1/ 10-12 
I need to lose about 2 more pounds for a normal BMI .  I still seem to be slowly losing at over 2 yrs out...so may get there yet.