Very Loose Stools after DS What now diapers?

jlweb55
on 10/25/11 3:26 am

I need help and yes I am yelling it. I just had DS on Oct 17,2011, I knew it was the right surgery for me and I did do a lot of research, but nowhere did I see anyone say they would have very wattery stools afterwards, I am a realtor and I can not leave my house. What am I going to do? I hope someone has an answer for me soon, before I fall into a real nightmare of a depression over this. There has to be something I can take. I have been taking imodium but it only last for about 4-6 hours and it says to only take 4 per day. It takes 4 to just slow it down for a little while. Please contact me if anyone out there can help , thanks [email protected]

Kathleen F.
on 10/25/11 3:29 am, edited 1/25/12 8:54 am

Immodium works well. It's okay to take larger doses. [edited to remove personal information]

Are you taking your calcium? Calcium citrate tends to bind you up. Going low carb can help too.

I haven't tried it, but I have seen others swear by chia seeds. 

jlweb55
on 10/25/11 11:37 am
the calcium I have is liquid and has magnesium in it. Not sure I should take it.So I will take tums for right now.
Kathleen F.
on 10/25/11 2:59 pm
I would recommend that you buy calcium citrate in capsules, open and empty the capsules into some yogurt and take your calcium that way. Citrate is much better for you. You won't get much benefit from Tums as far as the calcium goes.
MsBatt
on 10/26/11 10:25 am
On October 25, 2011 at 6:37 PM Pacific Time, jlweb55 wrote:
the calcium I have is liquid and has magnesium in it. Not sure I should take it.So I will take tums for right now.
Most calcium does. Magnesium aids in the absorption of calcium. So does vitamin D.
J G.
on 10/26/11 4:09 pm
It's probably mag oxide.  That would give me loose stools.  Mag citrate works great for me.  Also read labels like crazy.  Lactose is everywhere, it seems.
teachmid
on 10/25/11 3:37 am - OKC, OK
Congratulations on your surgery and take a deep breath.

You just had surgery and a lot has to do with what you are taking in.......fluids in, fluids out. I struggled with some loose stools for about 3-4 months, but it gradually got lots better as I added foods.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 10/25/11 3:45 am
 It's a drag after surgery. When you can eat more normally, things solidify. Make sure to to add a few probiotics since those help me, and if you had any antibiotics with your surgery, and I'm sure you did, the bacterial and yeast flora of the gut was wiped out, and you need to repopulate it with good guys, and not let the bad one take hold. If bad flora gets the upper hand, then that can cause similar issues.
jlweb55
on 10/25/11 11:39 am
Yes I am on antibiotics and I have some probiotic caps I am taking and also using greek yogurt in my shakes.
Sunshine16
on 10/26/11 5:39 am
Is there a certain number of Probiotics that you can take.  How many do you normally take a day?