coming out

fullhousemom
on 10/26/11 5:58 am
Dr. L did my DS on 10.11.2011.  I am feeling great and he is a great doc!  McPherson did my dad 4 1/2 years ago.  McPherson doesn't do surgery any more, and my dad is doing great!  Best of luck to you!
Jeanne77
on 10/26/11 6:49 am - Sterling Heights, MI

Thank you all! I had my stress test this morning (along with all kinds of other poking and prodding wtih ultra-sound wands,etc). Then, this afternoon I had my psych evaluation. I have now completed the list of requirements! Nine pounds down and sixteen to go and I'll have met my pre-op goal loss.
Dawn H-how are you feeling? you're just two weeks out, right? Please tell me just how you feel right now!

fullhousemom
on 10/26/11 7:20 am
 I am feeling very very good. I am probably better than most at this point. I was about 250 lbs going into this with no health issues. I was a "low risk" patient. I was up and walking laps in ICU on the second day of surgery.  I feel like the biggest things I've learned is to SIP my water rather than gulp it. I chew very very well before I swallow. I eat whether I'm hungry or not.  I dont do protein drinks because they make me feel worse!  Cottage cheese at 15 grams per 1/2 cup has worked perfectly for me. 

I was not nervous about the surgery with Dr. L. I had complete confidence in him and researched him specifically as much as I could.  I was excited, ecstatic even, to have this surgery.  I think my attitude helped. 

I also read different blogs on this site- DS specific. I got lots of info. I started my own too so I could document my progress.  Check it out. And keep in touch. Maybe I'll see you in the office some time!