coming out

Jeanne77
on 10/24/11 11:15 pm - Sterling Heights, MI
So far I've been lurking just reading and soaking in all the info and drooling at all the before and after pics. But, today I make myself known. I am Jeanne. Today I am 315 pounds. I have my DS scheduled for 12/6/2011. Right now all I have left on my to do list is a stress test (tomorrow), my psych evalutation (tomorrow) and wait for ok from Empire BC/BS. The last is my biggest worry. I've read on this site that Empire BC/BS is a breeze however, we live in Michigan and sometimes that causes glitches.
I've got some fears and aprehensions which I will discuss as the days go on.
Just wanted to make myself known and jump into the fray. I'm ready to start melting away!
Blank Out
on 10/24/11 11:25 pm
 Welcome to the DS board!  This is a great place to be.  It prepared me for everything, so there were no surprises!  I was prepared to regret my decision right after surgery, which I did.  The first three months were hard for me, because the adjustment was so big!  But, after that, it got easier, and easier.  Now, 18 months later, I cannot imagine life my life without having made this decision!  I am very happy!  I wish you the very best!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

hollyweasel
on 10/25/11 12:44 am - MI
Yay Jeanne!  You will do great and I will be your DS buddy here in the motorcity.

DS Surgery in Detroit Medical Center on 8/17/11.
Start Weight: 386 

* Nicole *
on 10/25/11 3:12 am
Actually you may be surprised how many of us are in or very near to the Motor City. Myself included.

DS Aug 15th,2005 @ goal, living life and loving it.

"An Arabian will take care of its owner as no other horse will, for it has not only been raised to physical perfection, but has been instilled with a spirit of loyalty unparalleled by that of any other breed."

a_new_mii
on 10/25/11 1:49 am - AZ
 Jeanne,
You are starting in a great place!  I didn't find this board until after my surgery (4/6/11). I'm so glad I found my way here.  I'm sure, I would be in dire straights had I not discovered the vast knowledge of the vets on this forum. 
Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

Hollydawn
on 10/25/11 2:47 am
Welcome Jeanne, I had the same surgeon. Get ready for a wild ride but so worth it. This board has some great people on it who offer some amazing advise. Best of luck in your DS journey.
Holly 

* Nicole *
on 10/25/11 3:11 am

Howdy fellow Michigander!

Great board here!

DS Aug 15th,2005 @ goal, living life and loving it.

"An Arabian will take care of its owner as no other horse will, for it has not only been raised to physical perfection, but has been instilled with a spirit of loyalty unparalleled by that of any other breed."

teachmid
on 10/25/11 3:29 am - OKC, OK
Welcome!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

scoob
on 10/25/11 4:36 am - Somerset, KY
Welcome to the DS board! Read, read and read some more. Soak in all the wonderful advice. Remember when reading this is an open forum. Just a "heads up"!! Don't forget to visit   dsfacts.com   if you haven't already and read the entire site, IMHO! You're in for a very exciting ride!! Good luck!!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Twyla S.
on 10/25/11 9:44 am - Chattanooga, TN
 WELCOME!!!  I lurked around a long time before I came out too...LOL  You're having your surgery about the same time I'll be getting my first grandchild...BIG day!

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein