Anyone know a good DS nutritionist?

Debbie M.
on 10/25/11 12:27 am
Wow Monique LOOK AT YOU, you've done so well, I'm thrilled for you.
Great weight loss, congrats!  You must feel wonderful!

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

Monique H.
on 10/25/11 1:35 am
Thanks Debbie I do feel much better than I did. Of course I would just love to get to a normal bmi, but I'm content with where I am. I'm actually looking into getting plastics done in December. I'm hoping that will help me get closer to my goal. the scale has been fluctuating and going up to 173, but as I said before I'm okay with it. Since I can't find a nutritionist to help me either I'm actually trying to track everything I eat in myfitnesspal. I'm hoping that over time I will be able to make adjustments and figure this whole thing out. I do read here and get the answers to some of my questions. Good luck to you. If you find a nutritionist that will work with you let me know.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
beemerbeeper
on 10/25/11 3:42 am - AL
I just have to say that I am seriously worried about your health.  You are way too far out to not know the answers to those questions AND WORSE YET to think that a NUT can help you more than the vets here on this forum.

You need to make reading this forum and becoming an active member a priority in your life NOW or you are going to really be in deep ****

~Becky

Debbie M.
on 10/25/11 5:43 am

Becky, where did I say that a nut could help me more than the vets here?  I believe I asked if anyone has worked with one they'd recommend.

Why are you worried when I've taken upon myself to reach out to people on the board and have called and discussed this with my surgeon?

It's posts like yours that make people afriad to post on this board.

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

Panda ..
on 1/24/12 1:19 am
Kayla B.
on 10/25/11 8:53 pm - Austin, TX
You could quite possibly just post what you eat on a daily basis and get plenty of feedback from members of this board and if you decide that meeting with a dietitian after that would still be helpful, you are more that welcome to do so.

So the vegetarianism is from a distaste for meat?  What was going on?  Were you feeling heavy/tired/weighed down after eating it?  Just not up for the chewing?

I have gone through periods since my DS when the thought of meat repulsed me and I lived perfectly well eating mostly yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs, milk products, beans, nuts, and soy.  It's possible, but you do need to watch your intake.  I was eating large quantities of these foods.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg