Century Club! Rant on why I LOVE my DS!

no_more_rolls
on 10/23/11 10:54 pm - Jackson, MI
I've been really hard on myself lately, since my weight loss has slowed.  I will lose 5 or 6 pounds over night then not lose anything for 2 weeks.  I know all the advice the vets give about breaking stalls (not that 2 weeks is really that much of a stall).  I normally I'll try "one" suggestion at a time...like eating a donut.  The problem is trying just one thing don't work for me...at least it hasn't so far.  This weekend I began drinking diet cola again.  I also ate a whole bag of microwave popcorn with lots of extra butter on it, an ice cream sundae with hot fudge, chinese food, bbq ribs, baked beans, corn bread, potato chips with lots of dip...and a lot more including carbs.  My stomach played hell last night because of it...and I mentally beat myself up for how I "allowed" myself not to be the carb police.  I normally limit myself to approximately 50 carbs a day...with a rare 75 carb daily max.  I get at least 120 grams of protein a day...and drink at least the 64 ounces of water.  Reluctantly I got on the scale this morning to see the damage I did over the weekend.  Imagine my surgprise today when I got on the scale and lost 6 pounds!  OMG, I was dancing for joy running around in my underwear (much to my 11 y/o daughter's dismay) looking for a camera to take a pic!  I LOVE my DS!  I don't intend to eat like that on a regular basis, but now I know (for me) I have to eat a little more of the bad food to get the results I cherish.

~Roxy

Photobucket

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

Jody W.
on 10/23/11 11:48 pm - Windsor, CT
WOW!!!!  That is AWESOME!!!  Go GIRL....

Original LapBand Surgery - 07/26/06- DS Surgery - 08/16/2011
 HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170

no_more_rolls
on 10/23/11 11:59 pm - Jackson, MI
 Thanks Jody!  

I'm an air-head!  LOL  I was already in the Century Club...I meant to say ONEDERLAND!  OOPS!!!
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

DeniseATL
on 10/24/11 12:54 am - Atlanta, GA
Congrats girl!

Victorious_one
on 10/24/11 4:25 am - South Central, PA

Congratulations!  That's a huge milestone!  
Nicole  Lab rata data link- One-half of a DS couple!  - I'M BELOW GOAL!
 http://bit.ly/DSExp  After a very rough start it's official--I my DS!  Romans 8:28 
Looking for DS information? Start at 
 http://bit.ly/newDS and DSFacts.com 
LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers         
jodic1966
on 10/24/11 6:12 am
Woot!!!! Welcome to onederland :D that is awesome. Your daughter is just gonna have to get over it..onederland deserves happy dancing!!!

HW 406 SW 376 CW 211 Surgeon's GW 170ish My GW 150ish

zuzupetals2u2
on 10/24/11 7:58 am - Sedona, AZ
WAY TO GO!  I am almost there too. In fact someone on the FB family DS group just posted a link where you could order t-shirts stating you lost 100, 200, 250, 300 with the SWITCH and it gives the DSFACTS.COM website to refer people to. I ordered one today for the 100 even tho I am a little bit away from it. Check it out!

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

prettypixels
on 10/24/11 8:08 am
 Wow, that is fantastic!  Congratulations!!!!! 
Banded in 2001 at 217 lbs - Band to DS revision 10/25/11 at 310 lbs
If life with your band sucks, you are not alone and it's not your fault.  Check out the failed lap band group!

NoMore B.
on 10/24/11 9:16 am
 Welcome to One-derland!  Plenty of room here for everyone!

You're doing great.  I know it's hard, but try not to sweat the scale so much.  You will definitely notice that the lower you go the slower the weight comes off.  You dropped below 200 so quickly, so dont try to compare your progress with someone who has more to lose.  It's might be slower, but over time you will see it remain steady.

Congratulations!

And nice pedicure!
scoob
on 10/24/11 10:44 pm - Somerset, KY
WOW, you're a freakin ROCK star! You're doing great!!!! I don't think you've had an actual stall yet, your body's just taking a break from the huge weight loss. over 100 lbs in those few short months, ROCK ON!! Don't fret about being bad. Nothing is off limits, just don't go overboard and get crazy with it. Eventually it will affect the scale. So happy for you!!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"