very smelly burps post op DS

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/11 6:42 am
Hello guys,
I had a RNY to DS revision about 8mo ago and for the last 2 mo I've experience very nasty smelling burps that I've been told smell like **** They feel like they come from very inside of me,so Im getting worried  It may be something dangerous. I need to know if you have have experience these types of burps. I notice I got them before if I eat too late at night but I have change that and dont eat late at night. I try my best to eat the right things just to avoid getting diarrhea at work so I dont think its what I'm eating. I just need to know is this has happen to anyone and how its been treated. or If its a serious condition where I need to go get check.
Emily F.
on 10/23/11 8:28 am
Are you passing stool, constipated or having pain?
(deactivated member)
on 10/24/11 1:21 am
I am passing stools everyday, no constipation, either soft stool or diarrhea. lots of gas pains.
gak
on 10/23/11 1:09 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
 Are you taking a PPI ? I think you should call Dr K and talk to them !

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/11 1:22 am
sorry, whats PPI?
gak
on 10/24/11 1:25 am
Revision on 06/21/13
Proton Pump Inhibitor.. It is medication for GERD or reflux. i. e. Prilosec or similar... there are many are the market and often take care of this.. but you should talk with Dr K about it.

It could be a sign of others things as well.

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/11 2:02 am
oh ok, no not taking any of that. I will contact Dr. K today. thank you
Elizabeth N.
on 10/23/11 11:29 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Take yourself to gastroenterology RIGHT NOW and get examined. This is super abnormal and needs to be evaluated. Chances are you could, at minimum, be refluxing bile. GO NOW AND DO NOT DELAY, you hear me?

NoMore B.
on 10/24/11 12:01 am
 Yikes.  Yeah, what Elizabeth said - please go to the doctor. Not normal at all.  As a DS'er it's possible to have a limb obstruction and still be able to pass stool.  

Either call or go to your surgeon, or a gastroenterologist.  If you go to the GI bring Dr K's number and diagrams of your surgery.  But please do soemthing today.
(deactivated member)
on 10/24/11 4:58 am
Call your doctor.  **** smelling burps are not normal and can be a sign of an obstruction.