For Vets - ? on Restriction After Two Years

NoMore B.
on 10/24/11 9:10 am
 I hear you on the differences by the day, same thing happens to me.  I cant even relate it to the food I eat.  I would make sense that dense stuff fills us up, etc. -but there's no rhyme or reason to my bottomless pitt days.  I learned to just trust my body.  When I go through phases and eat like that the scale doesnt seem to mind so I just go with it.
(deactivated member)
on 10/24/11 7:49 am - San Jose, CA

I am 8 years out and have had about the same amount of restriction since I was about 2 years out.  I can eat about 2/3 of what I would think a normal woman my size and age could eat at one meal.  But 2-3 hours later, I could eat most of that again (not that I *do* - just that I could!).  That means:

At a restaurant, I share an appetizer with my husband.  Sometimes we order two appetizers if they are special, in which case, I'll be taking more of my dinner home.  If the bread is good, I'll eat one piece slathered in butter.  I can then eat 1/2 - 2/3 my dinner, and 1/3 of a shared dessert.  That would include drinking about 12 oz of something (usually a Mai Tai plus water), and maybe coffee with dessert.

Poodles
on 10/29/11 1:11 pm - TX
I eat less now than I did right after surgery.  Don't know if it is because I finally figured out what makes my guts go crazy (like mil**** cream, sugar, and some vites) or if I am just at piece with food now. 

I can eat a full can of soup.  At McDonald's I order a big kids double cheese burger meal and can eat the fries and the burger with 1/2 the bun.   Sometimes, I can't eat it all though.

At home I serve my meals to myself in a small yellow bowl that holds one cup exactly.  Sometimes I can eat the whole thing (like if it is soup), and sometimes I can't.  Today I had two eggs with sausage for breakfast, 2 small pieces of pizza for lunch, and for dinner beans and sausage, not even a full bowl. 

Then I read that I need to eat with my Potassium Citrate to help counteract the side effects a little and found it impossible.  I am somehow suppose to eat a meal/snack, swallow three horse pills, and drink 12 oz of liquid all at the same time.  Just does not work.  Geez.

But I know that no matter how much I eat my guts will still help me lose, so I am not worried.  I am actually wondering how to stop losing as I feel that I am at a good spot at a size 12.

HTH!

You look great btw!
 Come to the Dark Side!!!                     
Band to DS revision 11/09/09.
Learn about the Duodenal Switch at dsfacts.com ! Off site comparisons of the 4 WLS 
http://www.thinnertimes.com/weight-loss-surgery/wls-basics/w eight-loss-surgery-comparison.html
http://www.lapsf.com/weight-loss-surgeries.html

newyorkbitch
on 10/29/11 1:38 pm, edited 10/29/11 1:39 pm
I'm over 11.5 years out.  At this point I have zero restriction.  I eat as much as I did post-op.  So clearly it is the malabsorption that keeps my weight off.  And it works very well.   I haven't had any restriction in a long time.  Years.  My cc is 75cm.
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 10/29/11 5:45 pm
 I'll be 4 years out in a few months, and had about a 3 oz (actually a little less) sleeve to begin.

I can eat a whole sandwich easily. I can eat a whole container of cottage cheese easily. Once in a while I have more restriction, but usually can eat a plateful. I'd prefer to have more restriction, but as long as I'm not regaining, I'm not gonna sweat it.
(deactivated member)
on 10/30/11 8:00 am
Can't believe we are pushing the two year mark already. Thanks for asking this interesting q.
goodkel
on 10/30/11 4:11 pm
At four years out, it varies. Generally, I can eat a fast food kid's meal, but only half the fries and 1/2 the bun. Sometimes less, sometimes more.

Definitely still have good restriction.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

jonathanac
on 10/30/11 10:24 pm - NY
Thank god for malabsorbtion because I can eat a lot! Hard for me to compare to preop because preop I hardly ever got full.
Highest:454~Surgery:415~Current:227~Lost:227~Goal:220