Newly switched and constantly belching

RKLC2002
on 10/23/11 12:46 am - Omaha, NE
I'm newly switched as of Oct 14.  Getting water is still an issue, but I'm doing OK with it.   I'm sipping as much as I can, but I get so gassy from all of the water and belch a lot.  I don't use a straw, so I'm not sure what else I can try.   I think I had so much air in me last night that I started dry heaving about 8 times.   I think that may have gotten some of my excess air out.   I did have peanut butter and cheese for 'dinner', but I don't think that's what did it.  It was 1-2 hours earlier.  Anyone else have anything like this?    I think this is my only issue so far, so I think I'm in pretty good shape overall.   : )

Thanks for any advice!!
Renee

5' 10"    HW= 327   SW=319 lbs        CW=200  (lowest was 180)    GW=170

No regrets with my DS!!!  

Open DS with Dr. Anthone  - October 14, 2011
Ventral Hernia repair/panniculectomy/hysterectomy - Nov 2012; 
Bowel Blockage due to hysterectomy and adhesions - Feb 2013;
Ventral Hernia repair with mesh - Dec 2013

pktwatch
on 10/23/11 1:21 am
Dr Inman has us sipping from a toddler sippy cup at first. Not sure how long I will be doing that but my first post op appointment is Monday.

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/11 1:27 am - TX
 No advice, just understanding.  

I'd chalk the heaving up to possible dehydration...although I have a tendency early out to argue dehydration for just about anything.

I belched like crazy post op--and honestly, I felt like it helped with the 'other' gas which wasn't passing near as well at first.

What's weird is Steve couldn't burp for almost 3 or 4 months post-surgery and I've spoken to several others who also couldn't.  Out of our 20+ DS'ers here in town, my belching ability marks me as something of an oddity.  

Enjoy the extra gas relief.
teachmid
on 10/23/11 2:07 am - OKC, OK
I never belched much until after my DS revision. Early out I belched quite a bit. Now it's my "full sign".... Unfortunately it happens a little late sometime.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

NoMore B.
on 10/23/11 4:31 am
 Two years later and I still do
August10
on 10/23/11 5:15 am - LA
 I have a hard time not gulping water instead of sipping.  When I take too big of drinks or drink too much at one time I have the belching issue.  Prior to surgery I drank an average of 100 oz of water a day, now I have to push to get in 80 and sometimes it's hard to remember not to take big drinks or chug water as I was previously used to doing.
gak
on 10/23/11 12:57 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
 Maybe try slipping slower ? I never had this issue .  Hope it gets better in time. 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 10/23/11 1:04 pm
Oh yeah I burped a lot after being switched, I had hubs burp me like a baby for the first few weeks. That was when it really hurt since everything was swollen and still healing. Ouchies!

I still ask him to burp me from time to time.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

J G.
on 10/23/11 3:51 pm
I used a kid's sippie cup for a while.  Have you tried Gas X?