Why so Moody you ask?

Mannyb23
on 10/22/11 12:00 pm - Fort Worth, TX
I have no real answer. I am happy about my weight lost and I feel healthy physically but some days I am really emotional. I am sure it is connected to my weight loss and my hormones. I am on the Nuvaring for birth control and that used to keep my period at bay until it was time to remove the ring, now my period comes 4 to 6 days ahead of scheduled. I think that losing the weight is releasing hormones that I don't know what to do with. Have any of you ever experienced anything similar? I have been taking zoloft since before my surgery but some how these feeling keep creeping up even with zoloft.
My new life is beginning!         
zuzupetals2u2
on 10/22/11 12:07 pm - Sedona, AZ
absolutely! All the estrogen that is stored in the fat cells is gushing out. For me being post-menopuase it is like going thru the change again - hot flashes!!!! Now I can tell right when the scale is dropping again as they only happen when the fat is burning again after the stall is done. At first it was everyday!

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

Emily F.
on 10/22/11 12:16 pm
Might want to look into an anti depressant, I think zoloft is a little more for anxiety. maybe adding an antidepressant will even you out.
zuzupetals2u2
on 10/22/11 12:22 pm - Sedona, AZ
I am on a very high dose of Effexor for depression and it doesnt do anything for this problem. Yes I am less dperessed tho but I do think it doesnt absorb as well as it did previously.

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

lauralisi
on 10/23/11 8:32 am - Dona Ana, NM
are you on the effexor XR?
zuzupetals2u2
on 10/23/11 8:52 am - Sedona, AZ
no as that is time released and I thought we couldnt use those

Winnie the Pooh

lauralisi
on 10/23/11 10:09 am - Dona Ana, NM
you're right.  I was concerned you got some by mistake.
Victorious_one
on 10/23/11 6:55 am - South Central, PA

No wisdom, but I know a lot of ladies have been through a similar experience with mood swings, contraceptive hormones, and period schedules.  Hopefully they will chime in soon.

Hang in there!  

Nicole  Lab rata data link- One-half of a DS couple!  - I'M BELOW GOAL!
 http://bit.ly/DSExp  After a very rough start it's official--I my DS!  Romans 8:28 
Looking for DS information? Start at 
 http://bit.ly/newDS and DSFacts.com 
LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers