Pooin on Long Haul Flights?

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/11 8:34 pm
I live in the UK and fly home at least once a year (landing in SF) It's about a 11 hour flight.  There is usually a line for the loo and it is in close proximity to the seating. Just wondering how other have handled the situation of taking their half an hour long morning stinky poo on a long haul flight?  Air freshner? I would had to be met at the gate by air martials for terroism by toxic gas, lol.
dustydeer
on 10/20/11 8:48 pm
On some days, I'd be able to "pass" as a normal poo'er. However if it's on days like I have been having lately, there's no way I'd be able to use an on flight bathroom discreetly. It would stink and there's no air freshner for the type of smell that comes from me on a bad day.

I would suggest eating nothing but protein for 2-3days prior, not even sweetners. Use a pro-biotic for a week before. Then changing your sleeping pattern to be able to get up and let it all completely go before the flight, as a normal morning ds poop. I'd pack air freshner for the "break through" poops and that'd be the plan I guess. I wouldn't eat on flight food for sure.

5'1 HW 298 CW 118

"Making America skinny, one slap atta time!" -Slap Chop Dude

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/11 8:56 pm - San Jose, CA
I substantially agree with Dusty, but less extreme. I am careful the day before, try to make sure I am empty the morning of the flight, take my own protein on board for the first half of the flight, then eat their food for the second half, but still staying away from carbs. Not eating is not an option for me - it gives me diarrhea after about 12 hours! And just in case, a purse sized can of Ozium.
* Gail R *
on 10/21/11 5:45 am - SF Bay Area, CA
I occasionally fly from SF to Europe. One thing that I found reassuring was that when you flush the toilet on the plane, it really sucks all the air out of the room. Flu**** a couple of times and it really clears the air. Another point that is not so reassuring is that most people blow up with any gas they have because of the air pressure on board. Do your best to avoid gas producing foods and wait til you are in the toilet to pass it.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

(deactivated member)
on 10/21/11 5:59 am
No way around it...you're going to have to poo.  I've found the best odor-neutralizing spray at Walmart-in with the candles.  It comes in the same frangrance as some candles.  Be sure you gert the bottle that says "odor-neutralizing", because not all the fragrances do.

Also, hospitals have something along the order of this s[ray, oonly it's unscented.  I would inquire, or -perhaps go online and find a comapny that furnished ostomy supplies.  They sometimes have odor neutralizer spray.
Most Active