9 days to DS

Julie B.
on 10/21/11 11:12 pm - OH
I'm excited, anxious, disbelieving (I can't beleive after ALL of these years it's finally going to happen), sooo many emotions!

I have some things to get done this week, feel like I need to nest lol, clean everything from top to bottom, I've got some meals in the freezer for my daughter, gonna go pick up a few things today (slippers for one, I never wear slippers so guess I better get some)....

Anything else anyone can think of that I absolutely NEED to have....

SW - 373 / CW - 179 / GW - 160

pktwatch
on 10/21/11 11:59 pm
CONGRATULATIONS Julie B! I took a back scratcher and tongs and am GLAD that I did! The pump that I had for pain meds made me itch so bad that I don't know how I would have made it with out the back scratcher. Wiping is much easier with the tongs after the surgery.

Another thing, for me I never wore slippers either and bought a pair for the hospital. Our hospital had a circular ward, 16 laps around  = one mile. The first two days out of surgery I did a mile each day. After that I could hardly walk because my calf muscles were so sore! A nurse told me it was because that I did not have any support in my slippers. If you have some good slip-on shoes that are easy to get off and on I would think about taking them for your walks.

Good Luck!
Butch

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)

Diane Davis
on 10/22/11 5:13 am
So happy and excited for you Julie, it will be here before you know it!

I completely agree with what Butch told you.  My additions would be:
chapstick-you'd be surprised out how dry your lips will be!
Your own pillow, was a Godsend for me.
Wipes, just made me feel cleaner.
Your own bathing supplies, shampoos, etc., in case you get a shower before you're discharged.
Your own toothbrush/toothpaste.

Some say sleep mask and ear plugs, I didn't use them, but I just drifted in/out sleep, was up walking a lot.

Good luck, can't wait til you're switched!

My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
Elizabeth N.
on 10/22/11 5:51 am - Burlington County, NJ
Flushable wet wipes.

scoob
on 10/22/11 6:17 am - Somerset, KY
So happy for you! Everything I would have mentioned was already covered. Good luck to you! YAY!!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Northcountrygirl
on 10/22/11 6:29 am
Best of luck to you.  It will be here before you know. 
Melissa
J G.
on 10/22/11 4:07 pm
I took clog type shoes that I could just easily slip into. 

Sometimes hospitals provide slip on type sock with rubber grips on the bottom.  The thing to remember is if these or any socks of your own, touch the floor, then don't wear them back into bed.  You'll be tranferring a bunch of germs onto your clean sheets where you fresh incisions are.

How exciting for you.    I'll be looking for your "I'm switched"  post.

-Jenny
Fran-I Am
on 10/22/11 8:41 pm
Julie, you will do well. I am excited for you! There was so much things that I took to the hospital than I needed. I know my most treasured thing was my tongs. LOL I found an angled tong from Kitchen Collection and they are great.

SW 1012/11 265#  CW 10/10 142#
gak
on 10/23/11 11:24 am
Revision on 06/21/13
 Julie, 
You will do great.. I have to second, slip on slippers or shoes, I used a pair of birkenstock sandals as they have rubber soles, chapstick is a must ! I used a long handle back scratcher to reach itches a few times. I did not need tongs, although I know some people love them. 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

Julie B.
on 10/23/11 11:32 am - OH
Thanks all! Just hope the days go by fast. I know they will, I have a ton of things to do. =)

SW - 373 / CW - 179 / GW - 160