OT---Social Security Raise...what should I do with all this money?

MajorMom
on 10/18/11 7:49 pm - VA
Buy chickens and harvest the eggs :)

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

kirmy
on 10/18/11 8:19 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
You could buy me a nachos hat and I could dance on the beach like your trained monkey for pennies which you could then spend on cocaine and hookers (I would be happy with my corn tortilla head gear).  I hear that kind of thing is big where you live.

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
ModestoK
on 10/19/11 7:38 am
You, missy!  There you are!  Finally came out from under your rock, eh?

Strangely I could not [quickly] find a Google image for "monkey nacho hat."
This was the best I could do:

plus

And for some reason, this came up under "monkey with nachos"

I say save that $11 per month and spend it on booze during the DS cruise if you go. 
                                      ~  Kim  ~

HW - 283        SW - 257.5     Goal - 156
Thanks to all the DS vets who have paid it forward - I <3 you guys!  
Looking for DS support & information?   Check out :     http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

kirmy
on 10/20/11 7:41 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
I'll just leave this here......another fine Australian doing us proud in America.

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
PattiCan
on 10/18/11 8:44 pm - Camden County, NJ
It might just pay for the increase in the monthly medicare costs,... or not.  Might just end up back in the negative yet again!

hw268  sw244  cw155   gw150
beemerbeeper
on 10/18/11 9:27 pm - AL
And how much is Medicare going up?  And how much is your Medicare deductible going up? 

~Becky

PattiCan
on 10/19/11 2:06 am - Camden County, NJ

I read somewhere recently, Becky, that premiums will rise from 96.40/month for part B to 108.60/month which pretty much eats up the increase in SS.  Don't know about the deductible, but most likely that will go up several hundred dollars.  It seems to go up every year!! 

projected increase in SS part B premium in 2014 is $117/month.  now that's something to look forward to (NOT)

hw268  sw244  cw155   gw150
beemerbeeper
on 10/19/11 4:55 am - AL
Looks like I have a deadline during which I should find a rich husband or sugar daddy.  I'm so tired of being poor.

~Becky

Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/20/11 12:26 pm - Tuvalu
On October 19, 2011 at 4:27 AM Pacific Time, beemerbeeper wrote:
And how much is Medicare going up?  And how much is your Medicare deductible going up? 

~Becky

I don't go on Medicare until January.  So it's not "going up" for me.  In fact, when I start paying the +/-$110/month for SS, my group insurance moves us into a different plan and our premiums will go from $279.62/month to nada.  So I'm scoring a $169/month increase in money in my pocket.  Not too shabby.

As far as the deductible, it's zero because I have a secondary insurance.  My new annual "stop loss" (out of pocket max for the year) is $1000.  And most everything is covered at 90%.

The only place we get screwed is my hero's prescription for Enbrel.  Right now, we pay $10/month.  It will be more like a $250 copay for that drug.  But he CAN look into changing medications. 

But we are especially fortunate. 

PattyL
on 10/19/11 5:02 am
 Save the money for VP in Vegas!