Make room for me....

orangecrushed
on 10/18/11 7:49 am - Triad, NC
Cause I'm heading to the Dark Side!  I got my approval today, and will be having my surgery Nov. 29th.  I was really expecting a battle to get the surgery, but I must've gotten crazy lucky.

I want to thank everyone who has helped me along the way with questions, and those who provided me with appeal letters and ammunition to go into battle with.  I will hang onto these for any other pre-ops who may need them in the future.  I'm so, so glad to be getting a DS and not an RNY like I originally planned.  Thank goodness for OH and the DS board!!!

I have some things I still need to do... order the rest of my vites, get some more protein shake samples, clean out my pantry and stock DS friendly foods (or liquids), and put together my post-op binder.  I get my iron levels rechecked on Friday, so I'm hoping they've improved some.  If they aren't really great, I'm going to make sure I get another round of infusions prior to surgery.  Also, gotta do things like make a living will and a regular will (don't have one yet), just in case.

Any other words of wisdom are appreciated!!
prettypixels
on 10/18/11 8:08 am
Woo hoo!!!!!
MajorMom
on 10/18/11 8:24 am - VA
Yeah! Congratulations!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

honeybadger 11
on 10/18/11 8:51 am - FL
Yay! glad to see your approval was easy peasy!:)

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

determineddanni
on 10/18/11 8:54 am
I am so happy for you!! Congrats on the insurance not giving you a fight! Keep us all posted.
teachmid
on 10/18/11 8:58 am - OKC, OK
Congratulations! It'll be here before you know it.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Northcountrygirl
on 10/18/11 10:21 am
Good luck!
Melissa
Twyla S.
on 10/18/11 10:57 am - Chattanooga, TN
 I'm so happy for you!  Congratulations on the process being easier than you expected!

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein
orangecrushed
on 10/18/11 12:04 pm - Triad, NC
Thanks so much, everyone!!!  I appreciate it!
kkharriss
on 10/18/11 2:41 pm - San Antonio, TX
RNY on 01/11/12
Ok, I know I'm new to this site, but I really thought I have been reading ALOT of the threads, but now I am totally confused, What post op binder?  And I'm now thinking am I going to need the appeal letters?  I was turned down for the RNY, it seemed the main reason was because the DR was out of network, but it also said not medically necessary.  LMAO  seriously???? I weigh 440 pounds..So i'm wondering what is medically necessary? 
Congrats on your being approved, I wish you every success.