Will it EVER be my turn?

Lori F.
on 10/19/11 12:29 am - Chula Vista, CA
Can't wait to hear Jamie. I know you'll let us know!
Lori
Pre-band highest weight: 244
Pre-band surgery weight: 233
Lowest: 199 ( for, like, a day)
CW:
260 (yes, with the band!) 
Current Fill: 5cc in 10cc band
BMI: 49
honeybadger 11
on 10/18/11 7:23 am - FL
I was feeling the same way the last 2months. I was seeing people i had never seen on the boards come here than BAMM they're off to get their surgery. Yes, i understand that they probably found OH after they sent all their info in. BUT that doesnt matter on how it made me feel!:)

I finished up all of my doctors appts in early Aug. Come mid Sept my surgeons office was still telling me i need this and that...ugh!

Thankfully i have no room to complain on the insurance side. Once it was submitted it came back in 4days approved. That was last Thurs. I still think they are gonna call me and tell me they were wrong and im not approved:(

Keep strong hun! its coming! then you will be in a hail storm trying to get ready for the surgery!

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

Lori F.
on 10/19/11 12:26 am - Chula Vista, CA
Thanks for the pep talk! I feel better today...
CW:
no_more_rolls
on 10/18/11 12:10 pm - Jackson, MI
Hang in there, we've all had embarrassing moments.  Besides that could have just as easily happened to anyone else.  Trust me, I think I have had more than my fair share of embarrassing moments post-DS...but I do not even want to go there 

It took me a long time to get approved for WLS.  Years ago I tried to get the RNY and was denied twice (thankfully) but it just gave me more time to research.  Just keep fighting!  Like my signature says, "Don't be afraid to fail, be afraid not to try!"  

~Roxy
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

Lori F.
on 10/19/11 12:27 am - Chula Vista, CA
You know, you are absolutely right! If I had been approved in May, I would have an RNY right now. And I'm sure glad I don't have that!!!!!!!!!! GOOD POINT! Thanks!
CW:
Mdae
on 10/18/11 12:16 pm
it took well over a year for me, and that was pretty 'fast'.  it'll happen.  have faith.

Lori F.
on 10/19/11 12:28 am - Chula Vista, CA
Well, a year huh? Wow...I guessI should stop complaining. Thanks for chiming in- I do feel better today.
CW:
Band to DS
on 10/19/11 12:31 am
Hi Lori,

I'm sorry about the iced tea incident. I think we all have similar stories.

Like you, I'm also feeling very discouraged about my prospects for ever getting approved. My Level 2 appeal is in limbo right now. It seems like there are so many people getting approved right away without having to struggle. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for them. But it also makes the hell I'm going through feel worse somehow. I've been on the verge of tears over & over again the past couple of days.

I see all the post-ops who are happy & successful and it feels so out of reach. I just want a chance to be healthy & live more comfortably in my body. Don't we all deserve that?

Shelli

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

Lori F.
on 10/20/11 12:12 am - Chula Vista, CA
We do all deserve that. If one more person tells me just to try harder, I am going to scream. I got a lecture about Weigh****chers yesterday... as if I hadn't ever heard about it at all.  Our turn will come! We just have to believe!
CW: