The week before your surgery....

prettypixels
on 10/18/11 2:00 am
 What were you up to?  What things did you need/want to get done?  What things did you compile to have on hand at home?  Any last minute tips?

I have been making beef broth to freeze in tiny portions and am going to make a pot of chicken broth too.  I have my protein, my vitamins, a cozy recliner, and lots of other things.  I can't believe I have 7 days until surgery!!!!  
Banded in 2001 at 217 lbs - Band to DS revision 10/25/11 at 310 lbs
If life with your band sucks, you are not alone and it's not your fault.  Check out the failed lap band group!

Janet P.
on 10/18/11 2:22 am
Farewell to Food Tour ****il 2 days before surgery).

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

prettypixels
on 10/18/11 2:46 am
 What was your favorite last thing?  
If life with your band sucks, you are not alone and it's not your fault.  Check out the failed lap band group!

Janet P.
on 10/18/11 4:18 am
Honestly don't even remember -- probably a big bowl of pasta.  Remember that eventually you will be able to enjoy everything you enjoyed pre-op, just less of it.

I do remember stocking up on so much and never using it -- I remember boxes and boxes of SF jello that went uneaten. It took a while to find a protein supplement I liked but 9 years ago there weren't as many good choices as there are now.

You'll do great. You're also in good hands with Dr. E.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

prettypixels
on 10/18/11 5:34 am
 Thanks Janet!

No one else did anything special the last week before surgery?  I am trying to keep it low carb this week but think I might indulge in some crab legs.  :D  

butercup
on 10/18/11 9:21 am - Kennewick, WA
Just the usual day to day stuff. It seemed to drag on and then I was out of time and had to leave. Nothing special, just lived.
meredith_123
on 10/18/11 9:23 am - Waterford, MI
I made sure all the laundry was done and put away.  Got the house all cleaned up.  Did a huge shopping trip so my kids would be well fed, but I could have just sent my husband to the store for stuff.  Also by about 5 days post op, I was so bored of being at home, i went to the store with my husband.  Just needed to get out of the house.  Plus it helped get some walking in. 
Oh, I got some Alpine sugar free cider packets.  It tasted so good and I found that the warm drink went down easier than cold stuff did.

Good luck, it's getting so close.
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
prettypixels
on 10/18/11 9:35 am
 Thank you!  I might pick up some of that, it sounds lovely.  This is exactly what I'm talking about.  I have a husband and daughter and am trying to tie up loose ends so that things run pretty smoothly... plus trying to ensure I have all the things I will need and/or want post-op.  I am a bundle of nerves and can't stop thinking about it and I'm kind of... nesting!  Like right before having a baby, I want to fluff up my nest or something.  I don't know!  

meredith_123
on 10/18/11 10:03 am - Waterford, MI
I totally understand the feeling.  I wanted everything done before my surgery so I wouldn't have to worry about it.  Once I had my surgery it was nice that the house was clean, especially since my MIL came to stay with my kids for the 2 nights I was in the hospital.  My husband was really supportive and helpful that first week when I was to sore to do much.   
I was so addicted to this site, I still am.  I really liked finding the posts where people told you what to pack and not pack.  Didn't really need that much at the hospital though.  I did wear my underwear and comfy pants under my hospital gown.  Made me more comfortable when I was up walking the halls.  I also took my laptop, mostly for my husband's entertainment.  I never used it, but it gave him something to do while I was in surgery and sleeping.  He also kept my facebook page updated when I got out of surgery.
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
prettypixels
on 10/18/11 10:36 am
 Love these tips!  I will definitely bring comfy pants, slippers, undies, chapstick, and my ipad... even if I don't wind up using it. 

One other thing I'm doing is putting together a list of some of the things I want to do when I am smaller and stronger.  I'm going to print it out all pretty and put it in a frame so I can stare at it when I'm feeling miserable and remember why I did this to myself!  :)