Gallbladder Removal & Vit B1 defficiency - Spacey ??

valerina9
on 10/17/11 2:40 am
Hello everyone -it's been what seems like a million years since I've posted to this board but I'm struggling and could use some input from others in my shoes!  I had my BPDS in May 2006 - NY Pres - Weill Cornell.   Best thing I've ever done - but now - 5 years Post Op - I just had my gallbladder removed last month and discovered that I have a significant B1 defficiency that required a series of 2 shots - and since my surgery and the shots - I feel sooo spacey....not myself.   I have some reduced levels of iron and vit d3 but I'm working getting these back up - nothing dangerous but still something I need to "up" - and I am.   All this said - I just don't know why I am so spacey....I feel like I'm stoned and I can't stand it!!   Has anyone had this issue?   Any words of wisdom you could share for my consideration?   I've emailed my nutritionist and still waiting on a reply but I thought I'd try and get some feedback from those that are in my same shoes....thanks to all in advance for your input. 
teachmid
on 10/17/11 3:36 am - OKC, OK
I'm sorry you're having some problems.

I guess the first thing I would suggest is posting all your labs with reference values and a list of all your supplements and medications. That'll give the vets a chance to take a look and make suggestions.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

valerina9
on 10/17/11 4:36 am
Thank you Gail for the suggestion - I heard back from my nutritionist and she said that the B1 shots "could be" responsible for me feeling this way - I am going to repeat my bloods on Wednesday and see what's going on since my last round....I'm optomistic that they'll tell the whole story!  Thanks again for your input.  Have a great day and best of luck to you on your journey!