Think I have a stricture

KellyJTn
on 10/20/11 3:00 am - Oak Ridge, TN
I got one at 2 mths out. I ended up severely dehydrated from it and back in the hospital. I was being fed TPN thru a PICC line in my arm for a month until they figured out it was a stricture. I had 2 endoscopies with only 1 being the dilation. It fixed it the first time and I've been a-ok ever since. Make sure you see that endo ASAP, do not let yourself get dehydrated because at that point, it's a huge mess. I honestly thought i was going to die.

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

J J the Jet Plane
on 10/21/11 5:32 am
Hopefully I lucked out there and didnt have to have either of those. Knock on some wood!  I was poked and got a bunch of fluids and was able to eat  and drink again.  Iwill keep a mindful watch on what happens next.  I had dry heaves so bad it was so painful- I thought I was going to turn my stomach inside out.

Glad you got better!
JJ
J J the Jet Plane
on 10/21/11 2:20 am
Thank you for your responses, I did not have a stricture, just extremely dehydrated, but all my blood work showed just slightly dehydrated.  I was gagging on food and couldn't drink without dry heaves or throwing up.  I was miserable.  In the hospital for 4 days lots of fluids and Thiamine shots.  (sp)

Personally I think I had been fighting dehydration since week 3.

BTW I have lost 80 lbs. HOLY BAJEEBERS! 7 weeks out.

Doing much better now. 
Thanks
JJ

Larissa P.
on 10/21/11 5:22 am - Denton, TX
Glad to hear it! Strictures are misery.
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB