**2nd goal met** 448lbs --> 185lbs in 15 months!

_Leslie_
on 10/17/11 2:25 am, edited 10/17/11 4:49 am - Franklin, WI

I'm sorry its been so long since I've been on here... I know this is a crappy excuse but this website is so dang slow. The loading takes forever! I'm going to make a conscious effort to get back in the saddle because I know lots of people could be inspired by my journey... I know as a pre-op... I would have been..

I had surgery July 30, 2010... 15 months ago...
Starting weight 448lbs... Current weight 185lbs...
263lbs lost

Here is my pre-op photo and 2nd is the latest full body pic I have... about a month ago.. size 12 jeans (I can now fit a 10!!)

I found a pair of pre op jeans while sorting through some clothes yesterday and burst into tears.
I tried them on and couldn't believe that they once fit.
My boyfriend and I both got into them and zipped them up...
craziness...

I'm really hoping my pics show up... I couldn't figure it out for my one year followup...

448|180|199   
5'10"  268 lbs gone!!
                     SW  CW  GW   

Duodenal Switch                                      
                                   Surgery Date: July 30, 2010                      

Renee2007
on 10/17/11 2:34 am - Central, FL
 Absolutely AMAZING!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

_Leslie_
on 10/17/11 2:45 am - Franklin, WI
Thanks Renee... It's an amazing experience...

I can't believe I'm pretty much the same size as my Mom (altho 6" taller)

The DS is my miracle worker!

448|180|199   
5'10"  268 lbs gone!!
                     SW  CW  GW   

Duodenal Switch                                      

Kilaani
on 10/17/11 12:51 pm - Las Vegas, NV
how wonderful! Keep working it!!! :)

Jill - revision - band to DS 3/10/05 Dr. Baltasar, Spain
440/140/149  hw/cw/gw - 5'5" -300lbs -- bmi 73.2 to 24.8 :) GOAL MET 10/26/10!!.... Even made 140 September 2012. Been ranging 4-6lbs from 144-146 since then. Back to 140 December 2012, hoping to see it again after I feel better and start working out. 

DarcyMad
on 10/17/11 2:46 am - Cedar Park, TX
WTG Leslie!!!  That's a LOT of weight to drop in such a short period of time.  Really amazing!  And I notice the word 'boyfriend' in there.  Has he been through the entire journey with you or is he newly acquired?  LOL

Again, congrats.  What an amazing journey!
DarcyMad
Surgery Date:  11/15/2010
Jewel506 is my Angel!    Angel to Kristi (Momx4)
Anything that is, or was, began as a dream - Lavagirl 

_Leslie_
on 10/17/11 2:56 am - Franklin, WI
Oh Darcy!! What I would give to be in Texas right now (I'm freezing!! It's 50 degrees here!)

My boyfriend is fairly newly acquired

I started going on an online dating site called okcupid.com in January of this year.

I went on a ton of dates until I met Jess (and not one after). He is the best thing (besides losing 263lbs) that has ever happened in my life! We met when I was about 235-240lbs. This was in June of 2011.  He is so excited to share this journey with me. He is beyond supportive and the most amazing man I've ever met.

I see wedding bells and beautiful kids in our future! 

My next goal is 175lbs. I don't think I will get any smaller than that without plastics.

I'm researching plastic surgeons right now... And plan on having surgery next summer. I'm HOPING my insurance will cover a tummy tuck and my arms and boob lift... That's the next step in this journey!!

Thank you for the support Darcy!!

448|180|199   
5'10"  268 lbs gone!!
                     SW  CW  GW   

Duodenal Switch                                      

DarcyMad
on 10/17/11 3:12 am - Cedar Park, TX
Awwww how COOL!    I have dated throughout and prior to the weight loss but good grief have they come out of the woodwork with most of my weight gone!  I'm actually meeting someone tonight and have a few others waiting in case this guy doesn't work out...LOL.  I will only date one at a time though.  I just can't do 'flavor of the week' type of thing!

I went through plentyoffish.com though, since its completely free.  That's a good website if you are in a bigger area.  Most men, I've found, are still WAY superficial and would rather just bone ya if they can get away with it...hahah!  Hence, my singularity for 11 years.  Not giving in to that crap!

I'm SOOOO glad to be in TX right now!!  Its still in the 90's right now but going to cool down to the 70's tomorrow.  LOL  I'm originally from IL and, although, I miss the changing colors of fall and the occasional bonfire, I do NOT miss the colder temps!  Especially now that I'm thinner!

Congrats again on everything! 
DarcyMad
Surgery Date:  11/15/2010
Jewel506 is my Angel!    Angel to Kristi (Momx4)
Anything that is, or was, began as a dream - Lavagirl 

_Leslie_
on 10/17/11 7:29 am - Franklin, WI
Good luck with your date tonight!!

I went thru sooo many duds before I met Jess... and I'm glad I went thru all those duds..

www.okcupid.com is free too... I've done POF and I thought okcupid is better... it has a neat matching % thing... I like the layout better too...

So many guys are shallow and wanna get in your pants... not all... but a lot!

Thanks Darce... u look fab!

448|180|199   
5'10"  268 lbs gone!!
                     SW  CW  GW   

Duodenal Switch                                      

prettypixels
on 10/17/11 2:56 am
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow! 15 months! You must feel like the whole world has changed!
_Leslie_
on 10/17/11 3:04 am - Franklin, WI
My world has definately changed.

I went from a size 32 to a 10!!!

My ring size went from 11 to 7!

My wrist size is 6inches! I have to try bracelets on now,... and before, they would never fit... now, sometimes they don't fit... because theyre too big!!!

My mind has not yet caught up with this weight loss.  I do not see what everyone else sees. My boyfriend tries his best, and I love him for it, to help me see what he sees but it is taking a LONG time.

This is to be expected. I've been obese since I was 5/6 years old. Saw my first dietician at 7 yrs old.

I spent the first 25 years of my life obese... It's going to take some long hard re-wiring of my brain to make sense of these changes!

448|180|199   
5'10"  268 lbs gone!!
                     SW  CW  GW   

Duodenal Switch