Food Question.

kathy215
on 10/17/11 9:12 am
Is there anything anyone still can't tolerate post op.. I am 8 months post op and CANT TOLERATE any kind of steak.. I can eat meatballs but that is the extent of the beef I can tolerate. Steak comes right back up.. URGH.. I learned my lesson for the last time.

MajorMom
on 10/17/11 9:28 am - VA
I still don't do chicken breast. I was eating rib eye steak medium rare at 1 month out though.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Jolly Rancher
on 10/17/11 9:36 am
I think you will find it is so varied. I can eat chicken breast with no issue. Steak is VERY tough for me to eat. I can't do meatballs really either. I don't know what it is, but they don't like me. I can eat a fast food burger (probably because of the fillers) but not one cooked at home very easily. I also cannot tolerate any kind of baked egg. Even when it's just used as a binder, suck as Brok's pizza. Definitely no quiche for me!
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
sandyv63
on 10/17/11 10:04 am - Naples, FL
How about throwing a chunk of beef in a crock pot or pressure cooker and letting it coo****il it is practically predigested? I was watching HSN last week and Wolfgang had an electric pressure cooker on there that cooked a chicken soooo tender it practically melted. The bones literally fell out of the bird when it was picked up out of the cooker. I couldn't help thinking that I needed one of these to cook my meats after I get the DS next month. I can't imagine chicken or beef being too difficult  to eat cooked this way but I'm still pre-op so I could definitely be so totally wrong. I still want one though.
elixir
on 10/18/11 3:37 am - MI
I love love love my pressure cooker. I don't have one of those fancy schmancy electric ones (though I have been coveting the one Wolfgang sells for quite some time now.) Meat always comes out so moist and tender.   

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

teachmid
on 10/17/11 10:29 am - OKC, OK
I'm 10 months out and still can't eat chicken. I can sometimes eat beef. It's frustrating sometimes.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

DianaRR
on 10/17/11 11:26 am - CA
I'm 3 months out and still have trouble with bacon, but no trouble with beef or chicken.
Scrambled eggs don't taste right, but they don't cause me problems.

scoob
on 10/17/11 11:05 pm - Somerset, KY
Chicken or steak have to be juicy or I can't eat either. If they are dry they sit in my chest like a rock. And if I eat too much, which is a lot less then with other meats, I will get sick. It's just so dense. Good luck

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Valerie G.
on 10/19/11 12:01 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Put me down for straight milk.  Nothing comes back up, but things like french fries, take more time to work their way down.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes