so it totally happened

larra
on 10/17/11 12:50 pm - bay area, CA
If any "friend' insulted my Jewish heritage, let me tell you, the first time would be the last time. That is NO friend. And that's aside from all the other insulting and disrespectful stuff she has spewed at you.
      This person is not your friend, and not someone who deserves to be your friend. Stick with the wonderful sounding family and the friends that do support you, and accept that this person was never the right choice for you.

Sorry about all the hurt and disappointment that comes with this, but best to accept the reality now and move forward with your healthier life.

Larra
pktwatch
on 10/17/11 12:50 pm
My siblings and my wife are all supportive. I have only told about 3 friends, the ones that I trusted to be supportive and they have been. I belong to a couple of clubs and have many friends but only see them occasionally and I have not told any of them, some I am sure would not be supportive however if I told one of them everyone would know. Now they can guess the next time they see me.
    I would suggest that you find a new friend.

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)

Janet P.
on 10/17/11 8:23 pm
Unfortunately this is fairly common. Same thing happened to me. Very good friend with a slight weight problem was just fed up with me "talking about my weight loss all the time".  We have since mended our "friendship" but it will never be the same.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

no_more_rolls
on 10/17/11 8:38 pm - Jackson, MI
Sorry you have/had such a "****" for a friend.  OMG I said the "c" word!?  LOL  Well, it's true   

I have only told 4 family members and 2 friends.  I had such a negative experience pre-op telling people I was considering WLS (let alone the DS) that I decided not to tell anyone else or even that I had it done.  The sad thing is I would rather tell a complete stranger about my DS and how wonderful it is than share it with some of my "frienemies".  The people that were negative now ask how I am losing weight and I just tell them atkins diet and exercise.  Some of them imo need to lose weight too and if I ask them to diet or exercise with me now I just get excuses.  I guess that just proves you gotta do for you first.  

~Roxy

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

Elizabeth N.
on 10/17/11 9:45 pm - Burlington County, NJ
I'm sorry it's continued in this direction with her . Huge bummer.

Y'know, when we had dinner together, I got the impression from our conversation--and by all means correct me if I'm wrong--that you have a "wild and crazy" (creative etc.) streak and so do most of your friends. This is a good thing, of course ....except when it isn't.

The flip side of that kind of uniqueness, which I possess as well, is that  when you get a little bonkers, some strange things can come out. I wish this wasn't your friend's flip side . Hopefully she'll recognize her ****ishness and get her act together.

PlumFaerie
on 10/17/11 11:32 pm
Elizabeth - yes you are totally right, i'm a bit wacky and creative lol but i hold it together and my flip side is definitely not to go nuts on a friend. it's too bad hers is. and speaking of dinner, we need to do that again sometime, do you go to any of the dinners after support group? i'd love to chat with you again, i need to email you more

Roxy - you are totally correct

thanks everybody

Start Weight: 320
Current Weight: 160
Goal Weight: 165
Height: 5'10

Elizabeth N.
on 10/18/11 12:20 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Nah, I don't get out that direction in time for support group dinners. I TRY to make the PADS gatherings but that doesn't happen often. Was hoping to make last Sunday but had to work. We can get together some time that isn't a meeting though :-D. How about we go thrift shopping when you're down a couple sizes? You can watch one of the DS thrift store queens on a spree LOL.

DarcyMad
on 10/18/11 4:24 am - Cedar Park, TX
I feel your pain!  I went through the exact same thing with my best friend.  She ridiculed me in front of my family and everyone about my choice to have the DS.  She thought she went about it in a better fashion by losing some, then dropping 20K on plastics and then losing some more.

Guess what?  She's gained a bunch back - even running half marathons she can't keep it off!  She wrote me yesterday saying she was looking into the lap band.  I warned her about it and she's since changed her mind.

I let her come and go with the wind, seriously.  You can't let someone derail your progress.  She and I didn't talk for the longest time and now I keep her at arm's length but I"m polite.  Its her own competitiveness and insecurity that's driven us apart but you know what?  I don't care anymore.  I did what I did for me and its been, by far!, the best choice I've ever made.

Your true friends WILL stick by you and be supportive no matter what!
DarcyMad
Surgery Date:  11/15/2010
Jewel506 is my Angel!    Angel to Kristi (Momx4)
Anything that is, or was, began as a dream - Lavagirl 

butercup
on 10/18/11 10:14 am - Kennewick, WA
What friend mocks someone's heritage? Seriously? WTF?

I'm sorry, that just sucks. I don't have any advice, just support.
Blank Out
on 10/18/11 10:42 am
 Her issues, not yours.  Don't take any of it on...  If she comes back apologizing, then maybe you will be friends again.  The ball is in her court.   Otherwise, move on to other friendships, and the glorious new life you have in front of you.  

Friends are friends for a reason, a season, or a lifetime...

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135